Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My Icon's touchscreen stopped responding. Unable to shut down, do hard reset... pretty much useless.

I have had intermittent issues with the touch screen not responding on my Icon when the phone is rebooted while plugged in to a charging cable. The solution has always been a key initiated soft reset with the charging cable removed (holding down the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the device resets). Regardless of what has caused the unresponsive touch screen, I have never had to do a hard reset to get it working.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had intermittent issues with the touch screen not responding on my Icon when the phone is rebooted while plugged in to a charging cable. The solution has always been a key initiated soft reset with the charging cable removed (holding down the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the device resets). Regardless of what has caused the unresponsive touch screen, I have never had to do a hard reset to get it working.

Funny, this happened for the first time to me today. I rebooted with it plugged in, no touch functionality at all, did it again, the same thing, and then I decided to unplug and reboot (which I usually do) and it worked after that. Must be something in W10M and it being plugged in that causes it.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I'll just say windows 10 is a failure... And Microsoft is not capable of doing things in good manner... No release on time.... Lol....

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Funny, this happened for the first time to me today. I rebooted with it plugged in, no touch functionality at all, did it again, the same thing, and then I decided to unplug and reboot (which I usually do) and it worked after that. Must be something in W10M and it being plugged in that causes it.

I have had this happen on more than a few occasions, but oddly it never happens when charging via Qi on my DT-900.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So I took the plunge today and put the latest Win 10 TP on my daily driver, the Lumis Icon. I have had it on a Virgin Mobile 635 and my VZW Lumia 735. I figured what the hell, since I'm gonna head to AT&T for the Lumia 950 after the holidays. Battery life, I have to say, is atrocious. Anyone have any idea to help, other than battery saver, which doesn't seem to really help matters much?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Battery life comes and goes. Sometimes its really pretty good, other times you can tell the system is stuck doing something and it tanks. For having just upgraded today, give it a few days time - just like a new phone. Also, since this is still preview software, it has generally been recommended to hard reset your phone after the upgrade, if you haven't done that already. You'll lose anything not backed up/sync'd somewhere, but it does generally smooth things out if you just did an in place upgrade.

gsaarela

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I recently moved to Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia Icon on Verizon. However, after the upgrade I cannot gain data access. I have checked to ensure my data connection is turned on, airplane mode is off, etc. However, the only way I can connect to the Internet is through Wi-Fi. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice? I have tried a hard and soft reset. Neither seemed to fix the issue.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If the hard reset didn't fix it, I would suggest using the Microsoft's Windows Device Recovery Tool. This will reset your Icon back to the last Verizon WP 8.1 image, and from there you can choose to try the preview again or remain with WP8.1. This is essentially a hard reset but dropping it back to the Verizon WP8.1 Denim state,

Note: You will need to use a host PC to download the tool and image and have the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC. This process can also be pretty time intensive depending on your internet connection. The image it downloads can be up to 4GB in size.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently moved to Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia Icon on Verizon. However, after the upgrade I cannot gain data access. I have checked to ensure my data connection is turned on, airplane mode is off, etc. However, the only way I can connect to the Internet is through Wi-Fi. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice? I have tried a hard and soft reset. Neither seemed to fix the issue.

Have you checked the settings under "Sim Info"? Make sure your IMS status is "registered" and that a default Internet APN exists. If anything looks to be missing, try using the "Update Setting" button that is under the Mobile operator settings heading.

gsaarela

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the additional information. I looked under the settings you suggested and everything looked right. I will try to roll back to 8.1 and then update again to 10 to see if it fixes the issue. Thanks.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
After a bit of a mess I had and such a disappointing time with the last build....i set that down and have been using my other Icon with 8.1.

Now just setting up the 10586.29 build. I updated from .11 and then did a hard reset. So far several hours in to getting all the apps back one by one and messing with some settings and getting my start screen back together...it so far seems less glitchy system wide. I have yet to test any phone calls, txt messaging, or other day to day tasks. That is where I had many problems on the last build.

So now I just need to setup my band1 and make sure I can get notifications with it. I will be happy if this is the most stable build so far. Here is hoping................

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Updated the day new build was released. Everything worked great...except I still don't get MMS. Checked APN, everything looks in order. What is the likelihood there is something wrong with my chipset?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Not much uses for my first day of use so far...(its mid day now). But at least I can now get calls and txt's....with notifacations working properly and also to my band. That makes me happy to start. There are some quirks for me so far though....seen several "resuming" and it will freeze for 10 seconds or so every once in awhile.

Battery life is very good I must say so far. Maybe it will get better as it settles in after a couple more days?

Store runs fairly smooth, but I do not seem to get the automatic updates available icon pop up in top right. And I do not seem to get many updates now that I have about 20 or so apps added back in. I wonder if there are issues with updates not showing up with this .29 build?

Then there is this issue.....some bloat didn't remove totally. It wont allow full uninstall though the program is not half there and wont start.

stuckBloat.jpg

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery life comes and goes. Sometimes its really pretty good, other times you can tell the system is stuck doing something and it tanks. For having just upgraded today, give it a few days time - just like a new phone. Also, since this is still preview software, it has generally been recommended to hard reset your phone after the upgrade, if you haven't done that already. You'll lose anything not backed up/sync'd somewhere, but it does generally smooth things out if you just did an in place upgrade.

After about 2 weeks, tweaking, killing background tasks, even rebooting phone in the morning.... 8-10 hours is the MAX I can get with moderate use...Try to use a little heavy, and I'll be lucky if I get an hour and 1/2 out of it.

No question maybe about 50% of what 8.1 was....Sure if it's in standby, the drain is not as bad as past builds but, if you actually use the phone, you can almost watch the battery drop...

I'm at the point of almost rolling back but, I will hate to be missing some of the 10 features...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The latest build just got released to the 950/950XL as well as the PC build. I just downloaded it for both, but haven't played with it much.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12