Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
So much for the overnight charging..It got to 66 % and stopped. Plugging it into one of the USB ports on my computer seems to be charging fine.?? My charger has always charged to 100% ..When I looked at battery usage the app that wins Windows Default Lock Screen 46% Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?? I hope I can make it through a whole day. I guess we shall soon see. Anyways it's just an update I hope it gets better.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I got connected with Microsoft Phone tech support. They helped me download a recovery app. Once my phone got started it went straight through to WP10. Now I'm just trying to get my Band to sync completely. So far I love the interface though.

I had a hard time with the Band myself until I realized that Microsoft Health required an update. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that Microsoft Health was required to manage all the tiles and everything on the Band. After that update, it worked perfectly.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I finally took the dive and updated to Win 10. After all the updates I noticed it drained battery pretty fast. turned off almost every non-essential background task and now it seems to have settled down and its running down at a normal rate if not better.

The day after I updated, my battery drained pretty quickly. After about 8 hours of normal usage (check email, Facebook, or read a few RSS feeds about once per hour) at work, I was down to about 25%. After a couple weeks, it will go all day from when I wake up to when I go to bed, around 16 hours, and it only gets down to about 50%. So yeah, it seems to get more stable after a while. I could probably extend it if I turned off wi-fi while I'm at work since we don't even have wi-fi.

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I believe its Cellular data that is making the Phone battery heat up. I charged my phone to 100% and it took about 4 hours to go down to 55% . I turned off everything and the phone started to cool. I then started turning things back on and WIFI does not make the phone heat up but cellular data does. For now I guess that cellular data will be off. My battery has stabilized a bit now I'm am at 45% and the phone is cool to the touch.

Ahy Nonimous

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with the Fast Ring treadmill on my Icon. I got burned by 14342. Even while plugged in, this release munched my battery, completely draining it in less than an hour. Could not get it to recharge, even after putting the phone in charging mode. Wound up having to use WDRT to revert to WinMo8.1. From there, I had to endure three OS upgrades to get back to 10586.318. Still recovering things like app logins and settings. This release is stable enough for me to wait for a new production release to come.

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
The battery on my ICON almost drains faster than I can charge it. I can let the phone sit for 2 hrs and not even touch it and it'll drop to 40% from a full charge. It gets hot while charging AND in-use. Never had this issue (this bad) before the update.

SilhouetteBS

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My Icon is also having problems with the battery draining with the latest build 14342. I am going to try turning off Cellular Data as was mentioned in an earlier comment to see if that works. I'll update once I try it.

robgantt2

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here... was no problem at all and now overnight I can't keep battery charged. I am talking in just a few hours dead. I have battery saver on and have played around with up to 60 % and it doesn't make much difference. Any Ideas???

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
OK so from 11:40ish to now my battery has gone down to 28% much better than it was this morning. Turn off cellular data and now its stable and the phone is cool.

rafael garrido

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Latest windows insider fast ring compilation makes the battery completely empty, some apps previously installed as spotify ,waze can not be opened, whatssup app can not be updated, pls would u mind to fix up asap , we are not able to use the phone with a very poor battery perfomance due this fuc*ing upgrading, Lumia 930

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I reset my phone again on this build this morning. It has literally been charging, both on Qi and wire, all day long, and it now sits at 89%, with my hardly using it at all. I will be leaving the house in a little bit, so I don't have time now to do it, but tomorrow, I will be using the device recovery tool, and taking it back to 8.1 and then putting it on the production ring (the 10586 builds). This is just not acceptable, and I will be out of town on Saturday, so I need my phone to work correctly while I'm gone.

I hope others have better experience with this build on Icon than I've had, but I cannot recommend letting this build install.

EDIT: I just saw a tip on the insider hub, suggesting to let the phone go all the way dead, let it sit an hour, then charge it, and his 930 worked fine after that. I'll give it a shot, I guess. I'm thinking the battery should be dead in less than an hour.

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I had a hard time with the Band myself until I realized that Microsoft Health required an update. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that Microsoft Health was required to manage all the tiles and everything on the Band. After that update, it worked perfectly.

Which build are you on? Also I'm on the 10586.107 I think there is an update past that I may need to do. Anyone know? And do I need to download the Insider app to get that?

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the 10586.318 its the production version that you get with the insiders app and its very stable. I would recommend upgrading to that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, in the middle of playing videos to run my phone dead fast, the article came about about the 14342.1003 update. So I discharged completely, then plugged in (I was away from home) to charge. That charge got me up to 30% while I was plugged in, and the phone was cool. I came home and dropped the phone on my wireless charger, and now it's hot, and not charging very quickly. It's at 42% right now. I'm thinking this is a problem with wireless charging.

So right now, it's plugged into USB, and downloading the .1003 update. We'll see what happens. I still may or may not reset and go back to the prod ring tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Build 14342.1003 Day 2 With cellular data off and wifi on the phone seems to act normal. No heat no battery drains just a good phone. Location services is on also. Seems to be a lot better than yesterday.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Build 14342.1003 Day 2 With cellular data off and wifi on the phone seems to act normal. No heat no battery drains just a good phone. Location services is on also. Seems to be a lot better than yesterday.
Day 2? The build has been out for 15 hours at the time of this writing.....

I'm glad you're having a good time with it, though....

I'm about to get out the time machine and go back to the prod ring. My phone was plugged in overnight, and when I woke up this morning, it was at 89% and warm. Using it while plugged in, for about 45 minutes, it was down to 60%. That's just facebook, news, Dilbert.app - you know, the morning grind. Then I decided to just run it dead. Unplugged it, and 15 minutes of YouTube and it asked me if I wanted the battery saver mode on. Nope. Another 10 minutes of YouTube (YouTube using MetroTube, that is), and it shut off.

I threw it into the freezer for about 20 minutes, and now it's charging. Once I get it charged, I'll start the rollback process to 8.1, and then I'll bring it up to the 10586 prod ring. I'll be a bit more cautious about Threshold builds, and won't be the first one installing it the next go-around.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Day 2? The build has been out for 15 hours at the time of this writing.....

I'm glad you're having a good time with it, though....

I'm about to get out the time machine and go back to the prod ring. My phone was plugged in overnight, and when I woke up this morning, it was at 89% and warm. Using it while plugged in, for about 45 minutes, it was down to 60%. That's just facebook, news, Dilbert.app - you know, the morning grind. Then I decided to just run it dead. Unplugged it, and 15 minutes of YouTube and it asked me if I wanted the battery saver mode on. Nope. Another 10 minutes of YouTube (YouTube using MetroTube, that is), and it shut off.

I threw it into the freezer for about 20 minutes, and now it's charging. Once I get it charged, I'll start the rollback process to 8.1, and then I'll bring it up to the 10586 prod ring. I'll be a bit more cautious about Threshold builds, and won't be the first one installing it the next go-around.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, your experience, and the detailed description there of, helped me make the decision to stay on Threshold for the time being. Redstone is clearly not ready for daily driver usage.

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
So I must have gotten another update last night and did not know. I did go to 14342 Tuesday afternoon but I didn't realize it wasn't 1003. Cool maybe I can turn on My Cellular and see if it still heats up. I can tell you this and that is with cellular data turned off the phone is great.. I know it kinda defeats the purpose of a data plan but with WIFI I can do just as much. and the phone does not heat up. It also charges normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro