Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
One thing to try is changing your sim settings from Global to LTE & CDMA. Just a thought. Im on the stable Release Preview and not the fast ring but for those of you on the latest It might be worth a shot.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it makes you feel any better, your experience, and the detailed description there of, helped me make the decision to stay on Threshold for the time being. Redstone is clearly not ready for daily driver usage.

Glad I could help. Now I'm headed out to my church to update from 8 to 10, because on the original build of 8 my phone won't connect to my home wifi. :/

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I went from full charge fresh off the charger this morning after the latest update, to 44% in 20 minutes and all I did was send one text, receive one phone call for about 45 seconds and read one article on MSN... It has since been back on the charger and in the last 4 hours gotten back to a whopping 58%. This build REALLY sucks.

BBurke33609

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The lastest redstone build has severe battery drain / heat issues but before this last one it was very smooth and every function worked incredibly well. Do a hard reset and you will probably be fine but I would upgrade to the latest one.

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
The lastest redstone build has severe battery drain / heat issues but before this last one it was very smooth and every function worked incredibly well. Do a hard reset and you will probably be fine but I would upgrade to the latest one.

I am on the latest build AND I did a hard reset prior to the small update last night.

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I am on the latest build (i.e. .1003) AND I did a hard reset prior to the small update last night.

cmack0

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Look at your battery usage by app. For me on my Icon it was the MS Health and fitness app killing the battery. I'm guessing maybe the Bluetooth connection to my band??? But I have uninstalled the app for now and SO FAR the battery seems a bit better

Spangl01

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Oddly enough this app was not the highest user last night but when I looked just now it was, so I also uninstalled it, we'll see if that helps. Additionally however I noted in my apps list that MSN news is also one of the top users and it shows as "Pending" in the app list and won't launch from the Start screen but instead links me to the app in the Store where it then gives me the Launch app button which then starts the app. Sheesh.. I wonder if there is some kind of "install loop" that I am stuck in that is overworking my phone. Unfortunately since it shows as pending I cannot simply uninstall the app so unless someone knows a trick I seem to be stuck for now.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Which build are you on? Also I'm on the 10586.107 I think there is an update past that I may need to do. Anyone know? And do I need to download the Insider app to get that?

I'm on 10586.318. It's the latest Release Preview build. You're actually a couple updates behind. I know there was a .242 and now .318. Not sure if there was anything else before or between those. Once you've updated to W10M, you should already have the Insider app. There may be an update for it, but you shouldn't need to run or install it again once you've opted in and selected your ring. You just have to go into Settings>Update & Security>Phone Update and let it look for an update.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 10586.318. It's the latest Release Preview build. You're actually a couple updates behind. I know there was a .242 and now .318. Not sure if there was anything else before or between those. Once you've updated to W10M, you should already have the Insider app. There may be an update for it, but you shouldn't need to run or install it again once you've opted in and selected your ring. You just have to go into Settings>Update & Security>Phone Update and let it look for an update.
You have to be in the Release Preview ring to get to .318. It didn't show up for Fast Ring, unless they've added it in the past week or so.

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Got it. Still not syncing my Band. But I'm up to date. I'll try changing to English Canadian or something like that to see if the Band syncs.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just used Microsoft Device Recovery Tool and flashed back to 8.1, then used the insider app and installed Release Preview. It's funny, the last build I had on Fast ring was so stable I started using it like a daily driver because I turned in another phone to my employer. I need a little more stable release right now, but seriously I say that as a complement. Last version I had installed was awesome on the battery and so stable I forgot that I was on a betaware channel!!!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's that. I'm back on 10586.318. The 14xxx release before 14342 was good for me, but that last release (and the mini release after it) killed my phone.

segundo

May 20, 2016
Visit site
What happened with your phone? I have a 930 with the same problem... :(
After starting 14342.1003 update last night, it shows Nokia logo, then windows logo for a brief moment and then goes off...
Do you know if Windows Device Recovery Tool would help in this case?

Thanks in advance!

scotthenry76

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed the Mobile Hotspot not working last night. It was the first time I tried to use it since upgrading from 8.1 to the release preview build a couple of weeks ago. So far its the only issue I have been able to find. My battery has been pretty much on par with 8.1 although I dont leave apps run in the background and only have one email account syncing. Does anybody know if this is a known issue with this build or is it only happening to some phones?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?

I just noticed the Mobile Hotspot not working last night. It was the first time I tried to use it since upgrading from 8.1 to the release preview build a couple of weeks ago. So far its the only issue I have been able to find. My battery has been pretty much on par with 8.1 although I dont leave apps run in the background and only have one email account syncing. Does anybody know if this is a known issue with this build or is it only happening to some phones?

Not sure what builds you are using, but I remember that it existed as an in issue in one of the earlier builds for the 930 which is essentially the same phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro