Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what builds you are using, but I remember that it existed as an in issue in one of the earlier builds for the 930 which is essentially the same phone.

I'm on .318 in the Release Preview

The Release Preview is on 10586.107. I do also remember that being a problem in the past but I thought it was addressed last year.

No, the Release Preview is at .318

I just noticed the Mobile Hotspot not working last night. It was the first time I tried to use it since upgrading from 8.1 to the release preview build a couple of weeks ago. So far its the only issue I have been able to find. Does anybody know if this is a known issue with this build or is it only happening to some phones?

The only other issues I've found is I can't change the colors of the different calendars. Example, I have a calendar for my wife, son, church. The colors for those accounts on my PC are correct, but on my phone they have a default, which is wrong, and I can't find a way to change them. The other issue I've found is that in Outlook and I have to touch the e-mail multi-select option at the bottom, twice to get the checkboxes to open.

iS THERE ANYONE SATISFIED WITH THIS UPDATE?

YES, lol. Your caps lock is on.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
iS THERE ANYONE SATISFIED WITH THIS UPDATE?

It's been said many times before. It's the fast ring for a reason. If you want a stable OS, go with WP8.1. If you want a slightly less stable build that has Windows 10 Mobile, go with the release preview ring. It's really quite good on the Icon. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, go on the fast ring, but don't go on the internet and complain in all caps about it.

SilhouetteBS

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I looked at my battery usage by app and Facebook Beta is the highest at 42% followed by Start at 14%. Not sure if it's one of those that is the culprit or not. I have also turned off Cellular Data and that seems to help with the heat.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?

I'm now on 10586.318 on Release Preview and my wifi hotspot works perfectly. I just flashed back to 8.1 and re-joined Release Preview yesterday. You may need to do a hard reset of your phone.

scotthenry76

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay I'm updating on the release preview now. I hadn't opened the windows insider app since installing windows 10 and I guess it needed to be opened to configure the phone to continue to receive updates. Ill see how the hotspot works.

doubleodon

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hotspot now works for me too, AFTER doing a hard reset.
I have gone all the way to 14342.1003 without a functional hotspot, so it looks like the hard reset is the (only?) true fix.

doubleodon

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Build 14342.1003- After the install I also had the slow charging and very hot phone issues, particularly on Qi wireless charging.
After the I followed with a hard reset (that fixed the hotspot), I noticed:
I was able to use USB to charge the ICON and saw reasonable charge rate, and only moderate heating.
(NOTE that the phone did complain about show charging when I first used USB, but I changed to a newer and shorter cable and the warning stopped)
After charging to 54% using USB, I moved the phone to a Nokia Qi charger. Within a minute the phone seems to be noticeably hotter than when on USB charging.
However, I don't have a way to objectively measure the heat, so it could be my imagination....

WUPAPI39

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an ICON and I'm on build# 10586.318 and the only major issue I'm experiencing is less than optimal battery life. The mobile hotspot was not a problem, and neither have been some of the other scary issues discussed here. Staying on the release ring should hold me out for a few months until I'll be ready for something new.

WUPAPI39

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually bigger than the battery life issue is the fact that my camera has been sub par ever since upgrading to Windows 10, it's not anywhere near as good as it was on WP8, and it's actually a pretty terrible camera experience now. I can take better pictures on my iPhone 5C from work at the moment which is really pretty close to unforgiveable given that the hardware on the ICON is so much better.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Build 14342.1003- After the install I also had the slow charging and very hot phone issues, particularly on Qi wireless charging.
After the I followed with a hard reset (that fixed the hotspot), I noticed:
I was able to use USB to charge the ICON and saw reasonable charge rate, and only moderate heating.
(NOTE that the phone did complain about show charging when I first used USB, but I changed to a newer and shorter cable and the warning stopped)
After charging to 54% using USB, I moved the phone to a Nokia Qi charger. Within a minute the phone seems to be noticeably hotter than when on USB charging.
However, I don't have a way to objectively measure the heat, so it could be my imagination....
I don't think it is your imagination. I noticed much higher temperatures when charging on Qi than on USB, as well. QUITE a temperature difference. Even so, charging overnight only brought me up to 89% if I remember right.

Now, having been rolled back to 10586.318 for a day now, I'll tell you that I unplugged my phone (at 100%) this morning around 7:30, and this afternoon at around 3:30 or 4:00, I took a look and noted that it was at 81%. That's more like it. 14342 was definitely the problem.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm now on 10586.318 on Release Preview and my wifi hotspot works perfectly. I just flashed back to 8.1 and re-joined Release Preview yesterday. You may need to do a hard reset of your phone.

Well crap. Guess I'll hold out for the time being. Thanks.

Gregory Newman

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I hope those who have used Windows 10 mobile insider builds on their Nokia ICON Have passed on their complaints to Microsoft's through it's feedback app
. so microsoft soft ware engineers can correct the bugs that cause Windows 10 mobile to get buggy. I bought a refurbished icon to upgrade from my Verizon nokia lumia 928 and am holding off putting Windows 10 mobile current insider builds on it until late june because by them Microsoft's experts should have a great deal of the bugs in Windows 10 mobile corrected that cause the Nokia lumia ICON to run badly

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I hope those who have used Windows 10 mobile insider builds on their Nokia ICON Have passed on their complaints to Microsoft's through it's feedback app
. so microsoft soft ware engineers can correct the bugs that cause Windows 10 mobile to get buggy. I bought a refurbished icon to upgrade from my Verizon nokia lumia 928 and am holding off putting Windows 10 mobile current insider builds on it until late june because by them Microsoft's experts should have a great deal of the bugs in Windows 10 mobile corrected that cause the Nokia lumia ICON to run badly

You know what happened last time we sent our honest feedback in. We were left out of getting Windows 10...

I'm going roll back. My battery last an hour if that.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

You should try it before passing judgment. The Release Preview is quite stable with only a minor bug or two; certainly not enough for me to roll back to 8.1.

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my Icon to 14342.1003. It only took 30 minutes to complete. Zero install/update issues. The phone is running great with no noted bugs.

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
That's awesome for you... my experience on my Icon was abysmal. Great GUI for what that's worth, but battery hit made it impractical for my daily driver. Rolled back to .318 - I have no plans on updating again until a stable release is issued and I'm going to wait a week or two after that release and monitor the results here in Windows Central very closely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro