Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No your quote was wrong. The feedback hub just opened a few days ago. There was even an article on the front page. I got an email from MS a couple weeks ago promoting the Hub, only to find it wasn't available. My question was simple. I asked how to report feedback for the mobile hotspot not working on my device. A better answer was given when another user stated they had to do a hard reset to get their mobile hotspot working.

Another user saying that they had to do a hard reset doesn't answer the asked question, "Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?" Doing a hard reset doesn't communicate to MS that the hotspot isn't working. The feedback hub does.

Whether you hadn't figured out how to use the feedback hub, or whether it wasn't there (I've been using it for a while now) is still irrelevant. My answer was still the correct answer. The feedback hub is the answer to the question "Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?" whether you like it or not.

In the future, if you don't want a correct answer to your question, you might choose not to ask the question. In the future, I will not be answering your questions, so it won't be my problem. Have a great day.

scotthenry76

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I still have been haven't been able to get the mobile hotspot to work. I haven't tried to do a hard reset yet but was going to try that. When I do the reset can I restore the phone from the backup? I would hate to have to manually reconfigure the phone.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Another user saying that they had to do a hard reset doesn't answer the asked question, "Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?" Doing a hard reset doesn't communicate to MS that the hotspot isn't working. The feedback hub does.

Whether you hadn't figured out how to use the feedback hub, or whether it wasn't there (I've been using it for a while now) is still irrelevant. My answer was still the correct answer. The feedback hub is the answer to the question "Anybody know how to report feedback to MS that Mobile Hotspot is not working?" whether you like it or not.

In the future, if you don't want a correct answer to your question, you might choose not to ask the question. In the future, I will not be answering your questions, so it won't be my problem. Have a great day.

You don't get it. The Feedback Hub "app" was not available in the store until a few days ago. That "app" is a standard app to allow feedback. There were no feedback options within the Mobile Hotspot settings (by clicking on the three dots in the right lower corner).

There were feedback options "within" certain apps that allowed you to leave feedback, but the Hub "app" was not available for reporting until a few days ago.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I still have been haven't been able to get the mobile hotspot to work. I haven't tried to do a hard reset yet but was going to try that. When I do the reset can I restore the phone from the backup? I would hate to have to manually reconfigure the phone.

I haven't tried a hard reset yet either. I haven't been pressed to really need it. I have considered restoring from backup, but what if the cause for the MHS not working is saved in the backup? Then if you restore from backup, you reintroduce the issue. I'm thinking I'll wait for the next update. If they MHS is not fixed, I'll hard reset the phone and start fresh.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't get it. The Feedback Hub "app" was not available in the store until a few days ago. That "app" is a standard app to allow feedback. There were no feedback options within the Mobile Hotspot settings (by clicking on the three dots in the right lower corner).

There were feedback options "within" certain apps that allowed you to leave feedback, but the Hub "app" was not available for reporting until a few days ago.

The feedback hub app has been available to insiders all along (with exception of a few builds prior to March). I used it prior to it disappearing, and I've used it since it came back, either in late Feb or early March (I don't remember exactly when). EDIT: Here - http://www.windowscentral.com/insider-hub-app-will-return-soon-windows-10-mobile-insider-users

It recently became available to EVERYONE on Windows 10, whether insiders or not. Because you couldn't figure that out doesn't mean it wasn't there. Prior to it being an app in the store, it was present in most every Insider build of Windows 10, with the exception of the aforementioned drought.

Regardless, whether you like it or not, my answer, "Feedback hub" was the correct answer on the day that I offered it, as the feedback hub app was available to everyone on Windows 10 at that time. In fact, even if you're not an Insider (I assumed you are, but I could be wrong), my answer was still correct, because the app was available at that time for non-insiders as well (it was first blogged on May 18, and my answer to your question was May 20 - http://thewindose.fr/la-voix-de-tou...mmentaires-windows-10-meme-sans-etre-insider/), so your initial snarky reply is still uncalled-for. You're welcome anyway. Maybe if you weren't so ungrateful for getting correct answers, you wouldn't come off as such a jerk.

Good day.

Last edited:

Shane Richardson1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm running it on my Icon, it's mostly stable but there are still major issues with Groove, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and the photos app. Groove is a festering dung heap that won't let you download music you bought on the same phone. Bluetooth is a little better than before but if you have it on at the same time as Wi-Fi you have to soft reset your phone coming into or out of Wi-Fi or it just locks up. All in all , better than it used to be(Except for Groove, it's garbage) still quite a ways to go however.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the production .103 build and it's actually very smooth and stable. Plus, the battery seems to drain at an acceptable rate. I haven't used 8.1 for awhile on my Icon though so I don't remember how good the battery usage is on .103 compared to 8.1.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile build 14342.1004 now rolling out to Fast ring Insiders | Windows Central

New build! And this one actually specifically mentions fixes for the Icon in the change log!

We are releasing Build 14342.1004 today for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is exactly the same but with some additional fixes including a fix for the battery life issues we were seeing on some devices such as the Lumia 930, 929 and others which was also causing these devices to get hot.

So... Who's going to try it for us?

richardeid

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile build 14342.1004 now rolling out to Fast ring Insiders | Windows Central

New build! And this one actually specifically mentions fixes for the Icon in the change log!

So... Who's going to try it for us?

Waiting testers

I'm fully downloaded but thanks to the battery issue on the previous build I need to charge up to 40% to restart and install it. And my battery struggles to charge given that issue, so it may be an hour or two before i'm charged up enough. I'll report in once it's done, but I'm already reading that the issue has indeed been resolved.

richardeid

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Quick follow up...

I restarted, got past the gears and when the phone restarted to "migrate data" or whatever that next step is, I got stuck at the Windows logo...just like .1003 did. So if you had that problem then, you'll probably have it upon upgrading to this build.

Some of the troubleshooting mentioned to just wait it out but I waited about two hours last time and it never progressed from there. I ended up having to VolDown-Pwr reset it. And when I did that I had a ton of weirdness once it was fully booted. 90% of my apps had a Pending status. Wifi and cell data were spotty. MSN apps launched to a white screen. And once that all leveled out some apps just didn't work at all and I had to uninstall/reinstall to get the rest going. So I feel like there is/was/is a bug in the migration process wherein it's just not doing it at all. Like it gets frozen right before that step is supposed to happen and rebooting the device kickstarts it but not entirely. Eh, I guess I'll just see what happens.

I'm gonna give this a couple hours to see if it passes this time, but I'm guessing it won't. I'll check back in when I have more to report.

EDIT: It was stuck. I restarted it but it got stuck at the Windows logo again. I gave it another half-hour or so then restarted again and this time it passed the Windows logo and went to the "We're getting there..." screen and it is currently migrating the data...a thing that didn't happen with the .1003 update.

Last edited:

MadeforVermont

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I did the upgrade to .1004. over night, and so far it looks good. It didn't get stuck, rebooted fine after upgrading, and best of all, it is not hot! I've turned back on cellular data and still not hot. We'll see how the battery drain issue goes over the next few hours!

Matt Poe62

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I'll second that observation. After my one hour commute this morning with Audible and Pandora running 30 minutes each, it went from 100% to 80%. That would have drained the battery in 45 minutes the day before. Also obvious the fix is working as the extreme heating does not occur. Things are back to or even better than power consumption on earlier releases. Thank you MS for addressing.

snowbeast65

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to .1004 last night and so far the battery drain issue is gone and I dare say that the battery appears to be lasting longer than on previous builds, at least in the five hours or so it has been off of the charger. I had rolled back using WDRT previously and had it sitting at .103 due a lot of issues with the .1001 build which had broken all of my apps as well as the battery drain.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I updated about an hour ago, and started out with my phone only about half-charged. When it was done, it was warm, but that didn't surprise me because it was charging and updating. It is still warm, but it's charging. About an hour later, it's still warm, and gone from 49% to 74%, but I haven't had it on the charger the whole time - I've been using it, too. It's not hot, just warm. So at this point, I'm optimistic. I'm going to let it get up to 100% charge, then I'm going to go out and cut my lawn, which will be about two hours of playing podcasts through BT, and I'll let you know how it works.

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been having good luck with .1004 as well. Seeing as how .1003 set the bar kinda low though, I'll wait a few more days before giving a final verdict.

Dat Messaging Everywhere tho :)

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm your Huckleberry! LOL I'm on .1004 and my battery discharge went from 18%+ an hour on build .1003 to 2% on build .1004. Thank gawd it looks like they fixed it! :smile:

Last edited:

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Like others my battery was draining at a prodigious rate on 1003. 1004 has completely resolved the issue, it may be a bit better than before even. Also, Qi is not making the phone burn up anymore.

MadeforVermont

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Update: After 8 hours my battery has hardly drained (bluetooth, wireless, cellular data, location all turned ON). I used audible for about an hour but not much else. In .1003, my battery would have been well past drained even with everything turned off or in Airplane mode. Best build I've seen yet. Thank you MS - made my day!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss