Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Running 10436.1000 on my Icon. Running very well so far.
Recommended? Yes.

May be dropping Icon and VZW tomorrow for ATT and 950.

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
My Icon updated last night to 14356.1000. So far so good everything seems to be working the way it is supposed to. Some notification icons have changed position that is the only thing I have noticed so far.

arnoldcp

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
New member here but a long time reader and Win Phone user. Anyone having issues with the phone restarting while using the camera? Everything else seems solid. Any tips?

This might help with diagnosis, I originally had the Lumia Camera as my default and it would launch and say this is being replaced and take me to the MSFT Camera App. Did a hard reset after uninstalling Lumia Camera and backing up. When I restored it still installed both cameras and the problem persists.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
New member here but a long time reader and Win Phone user. Anyone having issues with the phone restarting while using the camera? Everything else seems solid. Any tips?

This might help with diagnosis, I originally had the Lumia Camera as my default and it would launch and say this is being replaced and take me to the MSFT Camera App. Did a hard reset after uninstalling Lumia Camera and backing up. When I restored it still installed both cameras and the problem persists.

What build are you running? My camera is stable now. But I was having that issue two or three builds ago on the Threshold branch.

arnoldcp

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, should have mentioned that. I have only been on the release branch and I just upgraded this morning to 10586.338. Phone hasn't rebooted yet but I guess we will see.

This is probably a dumb question but, when I do a hard reset is there any way to get it to stop installing things that I had uninstalled previously? i.e. the Lumia Camera, the Xbox Live app, etc.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I've had that happen. But I've always had issues doing video-ish stuff, even in 8.1. I'd often get reboots when editing video, and still sometimes do. I started to think it was a hardware issue.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question but, when I do a hard reset is there any way to get it to stop installing things that I had uninstalled previously? i.e. the Lumia Camera, the Xbox Live app, etc.
No, but you can prevent them from updating by turning off auto updates when on wifi in Store settings if you're quick and change the setting immediately after the hard reset is complete. Then uninstall before running a manual check for updates or turning auto update back on.

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
jayblazer said "Well, I have a brand new Icon"

I'm wondering ... how do you get hold of a brand new Icon? I thought that they had all been sold out?

My Icon fritzed out a week ago, and I had to buy a new Lumia 735 from Verizon, because there's nothing else available. The poor thing is a nice phone, but is so slow, and lacking MANY nice things that the Icon has. You wouldn't notice it if you hadn't had the Icon. AND IT IS MAKING ME NUTS!! I can't imagine spending 2 years with this phone before being able to buy a flagship W10M phone when they become available. I took my Icon to a repair place, and should know in a couple days if it is repairable. Meanwhile, my HTC Trophy is still useable, and I'm almost considering using it until a flagship appears on the horizon.

Hence my question jayblazer ... where did you get a new Icon??? I want one!!!

Thank you.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering ... how do you get hold of a brand new Icon? I thought that they had all been sold out?

My Icon fritzed out a week ago, and I had to buy a new Lumia 735 from Verizon, because there's nothing else available. The poor thing is a nice phone, but is so slow, and lacking MANY nice things that the Icon has. You wouldn't notice it if you hadn't had the Icon. AND IT IS MAKING ME NUTS!! I can't imagine spending 2 years with this phone before being able to buy a flagship W10M phone when they become available. I took my Icon to a repair place, and should know in a couple days if it is repairable. Meanwhile, my HTC Trophy is still useable, and I'm almost considering using it until a flagship appears on the horizon.

Hence my question jayblazer ... where did you get a new Icon??? I want one!!!

Thank you.
. I have a used one that is in perfect shape.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with the camera causing reboot all the way back to the first Win10 insider build, and it didn't matter which camera app I used. Still had it on Threshold in the 1003 build. Upgraded yesterday (was it yesterday? Whenever it released) the new 1000 version, and have only taken a few pictures, but no problems so far.

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all! If my Icon can't be fixed, I will check back here for buying a used one. I've never used EBay before, either, but the loss of my Icon just might drive me to it!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss