Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

lakleeman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My battery is doing great with 14364. Jogged with it for an hour this morning (using GPS and Pandora), and have 65%, which is about as expected.
MUCH better than the battery drain experienced a few builds ago (where a half hour jog resulted in a dead phone).

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's why im just going to observe it for a day or two.

My battery is doing great with 14364. Jogged with it for an hour this morning (using GPS and Pandora), and have 65%, which is about as expected.
MUCH better than the battery drain experienced a few builds ago (where a half hour jog resulted in a dead phone).

Can you two run some tests with Hey Cortana and car bluetooth usage?

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My battery drain is much less severe now. It is worse than it was the previous build but not nearly as bad as the build a few builds ago (where it drained around 30% an hr of inactive use) Hey Cortana is not working for me on this build... I'll test my car's bluetooth after work

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to 14364.

I still wasn't getting Hey Cortana and had bad Wifi connectivity and cellular data. Decided to bite the bullet and start fresh.

Used WDRT to go back to 8.1
While on 8.1, set up Hey Cortana.

Insider upgraded me to 10xxx build. Confirmed Hey Cortana was still working.

Upgraded to 14364 and I finally have Hey Cortana functional on the Fast Ring!

I know I could/should have tried this earlier, but I was trying to avoid wiping my device.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm happy to report that my battery life is now phenomenal after a couple soft resets yesterday. Bluetooth is good. Wifi is good. Cellular service is good. My battery was at 75% from 4pm yesterday until 8AM this morning with light to moderate use (SMS, Groove, Weather, Email)

Hey Cortana still does not work for me... I am not going to do a hard reset or bounce it back to 8.1 and back to 14364 to see if Hey Cortana works at this time. Maybe another build. I don't have the time this week.

birabaygini

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Experience, so far, with build 14391.

Install:
Took just under an hour from download to ready to use. No bootloop or any other issues.

Reset:
I performed only a Soft Reset.

Battery:
Allowed the phone to completely change over night. Phone has been off charge for 5.5 hrs and battery is currently at 49% with moderate use (email, Facebook, news, searching).

Cortana/Search:
No crashes so far. Noticed that Interests are now "nested" at the bottom of the window whenk searching and pulled up via a tab. Never seen this before, time will tell if I like it.

Hey Cortana:
Still doesn't work. When going to Hey Cortana in Settings there is a message that I need to "turn Cortana on." Not sure what I'm missing unless it means I need to talk dirty to her 🙄.

I had the same issue. Roll back to 8.1 and setup your voice on hey cortana. Then update to win 10. It's not the fastest way but it works.

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
So 14367 is the best build yet for me except for Cortana not working (Yes I see your solutions of going to 8.1 setting it up and reverting back to fast ring)

It's quite fast navigation wise, and battery had no issues this time post installation.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So 14367 is the best build yet for me except for Cortana not working (Yes I see your solutions of going to 8.1 setting it up and reverting back to fast ring)

It's quite fast navigation wise, and battery had no issues this time post installation.

In your experience, is 14367 better than the production ring?

richardeid

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

You were asking someone else but my take on it is that Redstone is just about ready. So, for me, it's very stable. I rarely see app or OS crashes and hangs. The feature set is complete so what you get from 14367 is probably everything you'll get when it's released to production. There are still a few issues here and there but they are mostly listed in the known issues list.

Battery life is also greatly improved over TH2. I'd say it's at least as good or better than 8.1 battery life. This was a big one for me.

If you haven't updated yet now is probably a good time to hop in the slow ring. I forget which version is there but 14367 feels like its ready to go to the slow ring. If not a version or two from now and it should hit. The only reason I'm in fast ring was because of the new.emoji set and I keep forgetting to switch. Which reminds me...

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I was on fast ring and I also could not get Hey Cortana to work. I downgrade to 8.1 turned on Hey Cortana and then proceeded to upgrade to windows 10 but I ended up having to do a reset of my phone and when I did that Hey cortana was no longer working. Then I tried a couple things and nothing seemed to work and then I got it to work. I went to Cortana notebook and then About me and put my name in and had Cortana say it. The I went to extras and it let me turn on Hey Cortana. Hey Cortana now works. Maybe this will help somebody..

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Yes, it's actually pretty fast and I haven't had anything crash on me yet. Resume time is pretty good as well now (games take a few seconds still but native apps/regular apps is almost instant for me). Hey Cortana still does not work but I'm holding off on doing a fresh install for a bit to see if another build fixes it. (I don't mind holding down the button as a work around).

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I was on fast ring and I also could not get Hey Cortana to work. I downgrade to 8.1 turned on Hey Cortana and then proceeded to upgrade to windows 10 but I ended up having to do a reset of my phone and when I did that Hey cortana was no longer working. Then I tried a couple things and nothing seemed to work and then I got it to work. I went to Cortana notebook and then About me and put my name in and had Cortana say it. The I went to extras and it let me turn on Hey Cortana. Hey Cortana now works. Maybe this will help somebody..

Thanks. That did no work for me, i'll hold off on resetting for now and when whichever build goes to production as the update and if it still does not work, i'll reset then.

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just tossing in there, but the past few builds have been quite excellent for Redstone. I am seeing battery life on par with 8.1, possibly better. I still have some strangeness, for instance going from home to work I have to flip airplane mode on and off to get wifi to connect. But other than that its been nearly perfect. This feels almost release ready.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably be moving from Threshold to Redstone once the next Redstone insider build rolls out. They're squashing these bugs like crazy.

Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14371 now rolling out to Fast ring Insiders | Windows Central

"We're investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520 (devices with SoC 8974 chipsets)."

On second thought, maybe i'll wait for this to be fixed :winktongue:

MA70mgte

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
@extricate Look in Update & Security --> Phone Update for "Restart Options". For now, I would just defer the install as long as possible. I personally do not see a way to keep it from installing from the phone's UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99