Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Either stay on Redstone or use WDRT to flash back to 8.1

Or you can just wait a day or and Nuke to Windows 10 final using WDRT....It should be up there soon, if not already..

Wish this phone got certification for Tap 2 Pay... It sucks that Microsoft said it was coming before the ICON was even out, now that it comes out we are blacklisted on it...

Still in shock that Verizon updated this phone, even tho it's been discontinued almost 2 years now..

I wonder if the FM radio is going to be included, I still use the feature on my ICON....

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Or you can just wait a day or and Nuke to Windows 10 final using WDRT....It should be up there soon, if not already..

Wish this phone got certification for Tap 2 Pay... It sucks that Microsoft said it was coming before the ICON was even out, now that it comes out we are blacklisted on it...

Still in shock that Verizon updated this phone, even tho it's been discontinued almost 2 years now..

I wonder if the FM radio is going to be included, I still use the feature on my ICON....

I don't think the 930 got the NFC Tap to Pay stuff either.

It really is quite miraculous that Verizon is releasing the Windows 10 Mobile update to the Icon. I'm scratching my head trying to figure that one out.

I wouldn't bank on FM radio.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it live yet ? Anyone getting it ?

Going to hard reset my ICON (even though I am on Android now) and take it to set it up with out restoring...

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm torn between sticking with the preview program or rolling back and updating. I haven't had too many issues on the preview, but my Fitbit won't sync, and Hey Cortana is spotty...so if those would get fixed through the 'official' update through Verizon, I might do it.

DeltaHotel

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Why did I pay for hardware that's as useless as the tits on a bore hog? I'm referring to the NFC chip in this device, and now that MS is finally coming out with a wallet app that is actually useful, I'm still behind the eight ball on this technology. I refuse to spend another penny on MS hardware because they continue to entice with decent hardware that's either never supported or only for a limited time. And I seriously doubt that we'll get the anniversary update any time soon, if at all! It's bad enough that Verizon made us wait damn near a year before releasing Win 10, like it was an afterthought! So yes, I'm very disgruntled with both MS and Verizon! On the other hand, I'm pleased that they finally decided to throw us this bone, but I won't be upgrading to another MS piece of Shiite! I'll wait for a respectable manufacturer to come out with another high end device that can be used on whichever network I decide to go with after my contract is up in August. Just my two cents.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why did I pay for hardware that's as useless as the tits on a bore hog? I'm referring to the NFC chip in this device, and now that MS is finally coming out with a wallet app that is actually useful, I'm still behind the eight ball on this technology. I refuse to spend another penny on MS hardware because they continue to entice with decent hardware that's either never supported or only for a limited time. And I seriously doubt that we'll get the anniversary update any time soon, if at all! It's bad enough that Verizon made us wait damn near a year before releasing Win 10, like it was an afterthought! So yes, I'm very disgruntled with both MS and Verizon! On the other hand, I'm pleased that they finally decided to throw us this bone, but I won't be upgrading to another MS piece of Shiite! I'll wait for a respectable manufacturer to come out with another high end device that can be used on whichever network I decide to go with after my contract is up in August. Just my two cents.

I sympathize with all of that except that since your Icon is now on Windows 10, Microsoft is now in the drivers seat updates for the most part I believe. (and before this twist update, the Icon had access to Anniversary Update/Redstone builds for testing. So you got that going for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12