Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm have the same thing with my icon as you 8 hours maybe and I hardly use it then i have to do a charge. My icon is not on the insider build, I'm on build 10586.545 Verizon. Has anyone got the anniversary build yet on your icon with being on 10586.545 non insider and how did you. As of now I still have not received any update?

I downloaded the Windows Insider App and set it to "Release Preview" as my 'Insider Level' (the slowest level) so I could receive the Anniversary update. I am not waiting for Verizon to push it out. I have not had any problems with it (it's only been a couple of days), and I'm enjoying the rich notifications that come with it. AND I'm getting notifications on my desktop from my phone finally! I have not had an issue with battery drain, but I keep my phone plugged in most of the day when I'm at work.

Use this article as a template on how to get on the Insider Program: How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I thought that was a whole big thing about Windows 10 is that Microsoft could push the updates rather than waiting for the carrier. Did that change?

Mine is on Straight Talk and I got official "outsider" update to 10586.545 but no update has shown up for AU. No problem, since I'm not installing it until I see definitive testimony that they've fixed the bug with notifications not working with Garmin wearables.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the Windows Insider App and set it to "Release Preview" as my 'Insider Level' (the slowest level) so I could receive the Anniversary update. I am not waiting for Verizon to push it out. I have not had any problems with it (it's only been a couple of days), and I'm enjoying the rich notifications that come with it. AND I'm getting notifications on my desktop from my phone finally! I have not had an issue with battery drain, but I keep my phone plugged in most of the day when I'm at work.

Use this article as a template on how to get on the Insider Program: How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central

Thank you for the details ... so, the "lowest level Insider pushes AU"?

Anybody read anything about when Verizon "might" deliver the AU?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just checked for updates still nothing, thinking its time to go back to insider I just wanted to try with the icon let's do it public since the 928 is no longer being updated. Sounds like "abausch" who posted above is having good luck with it so far.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, lowest level gets you the Anniversary Update. I haven't heard anything about if/when Verizon will push it out. I'll let you know if I find any bugs, but so far so good!

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I too took the Verizon update, but didn't want to wait any longer for the AU, so I pulled the trigger on Tuesday and joined the lowest level of Insider. One of my biggest problems seems to have stabilized as of this morning. Last night when I went to sleep my phone had 100% charge. This morning it was only down to 94%, which is amazing as It was WAY worse before this update! I will admit looking at Facebook for a short time a few minutes ago and it sucked it down to 86% and it wasn't very fluid. I'm now debating signing out of FB after looking at it each time as I know that will help my battery, but not my enjoyment. I keep my 928 charged and generally use it at home and work to save my Icon battery so now my Icon can last a day of moderate use. I don't play any games, but I do use Pandora mostly in my car. Wifi connects in seconds to wherever I use it, which is at home, work and my 2014 Honda CRV, as Verizon SUCKS here in Houston at home and work. I would like Pandora to connect on it's own after I turn off my car to go into a store and return. Not sure if that'll ever change, but it would be great if it did. I'm really happy that I'm on insider now and hope my Icon gets better with each update. Regarding app gap on WP, whatever I can't get, I don't care or need them! I wish everyone the best of luck with whatever path you choose!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
GREAT NEWS = On Verizon and got pushed an UPDATE through the settings this afternoon in Silicon Valley ... seemed "faster" and now says 14393.67 which is AU right? I am NOT on insider and I am positive "the previous" was the old numbers (10586xxx as best recall) as I am on Insider for Windows 10 (non-mobile and lots of updates recently).

My entire "Start screen LOOKs the same" - the setting gear "disappeared" and I had to re-pin it. LOTS of "pending DLs".

Will play more this evening and watch "battery drain, etc." although I have never had that problem on my Icons.

AWESOME = Microsoft came through and DELIVERED Windows 10 on our Verizon Icons = WOW, WOW, WOW !!!

Last edited:

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
@Moderator ... perhaps, it's time to park this baby as a sticky ... Microsoft and Verizon DELIVERED ! (see my post above but I'll repeat)

GREAT NEWS = On Verizon and got pushed an UPDATE through the settings this afternoon in Silicon Valley ... seemed "faster" and now says 14393.67 which is AU right? I am NOT on insider and I am positive "the previous" was the old numbers (10586xxx as best I recall).

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
yes, 14383.67 is the AU, and the first public release of Redstone. The previous non-RS build was 10586.545.

I got it on my Icon yesterday as well...though I'm on Straight Talk. I immediately lost notifications on my Garmin watch so I did a hard reset and did not restore a backup. So far so good.

EDIT: Notifications are intermittent again.

Last edited:

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm on 14383.82 and I keep losing BT connectivity in my car. I also have to restart the phone about once a day to get the hotspot to work. So, this build has a few issues.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received 14393.103 through the Insider Release Preview....maybe that will help with your BT issues? My bluetooth used to be pretty bad at syncing with my Fitbit, but it's been better lately.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Well been using 14393.67 for a week now and the battery is great, from 7am-5pm and hardly using it before was about 20% or less and now 87% and I'm using it more. Had no other problems and Bluetooth in car or speakers work just fine, one thing I noticed I use the action center to turn it on an off when you push the button. It doesn't turn off. But if you exit out of the action center It is turned off.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Well been using 14393.67 for a week now and the battery is great, from 7am-5pm and hardly using it before was about 20% or less and now 87% and I'm using it more. Had no other problems and Bluetooth in car or speakers work just fine, one thing I noticed I use the action center to turn it on an off when you push the button. It doesn't turn off. But if you exit out of the action center It is turned off.
Pretty much the same here. Maybe not the battery improvement but not worse than before. The BT Action Center not appearing to be off is only in the car for me. It doesn't happen with any of my BT speakers.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much the same here. Maybe not the battery improvement but not worse than before. The BT Action Center not appearing to be off is only in the car for me. It doesn't happen with any of my BT speakers.

Yep your right I didn't mention that, it only happens with the car. Your battery is not that good I noticed many saying they are getting much better, now I did do a reset before AU and started fresh I believe that helps.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I took a road trip over the weekend, and the BT would not work in the car, no matter how many restarts I did. I haven't had any issues syncing it to my Fitbit or BT speaker. This is a bummer...

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
So I just purchased a new Icon for my Mom. I thought I'd get it all set up prior to moving her Verizon service over. I wanted to do the WP 10 update. Do you have to have the carrier service to get WP10? It won't let me update so far. Also, there isn't an Insider Preview on the store any longer. Suggestions? Do I need that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs