Official 8.1 Update 2 for the Icon?

Patriots1959

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
Has anyone read if the Icon is getting Official 8.1 Update 2 (or not)? The Lumia 735 will get it. Perhaps there is hope.
Mr. David N. Court? Mr. Stinguish? Where are you on this?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago there was an article on WC where Microsoft announced that update 2 would be released for the 735 and 830 but no other devices where named.
So it could be that update 2 will be released for other Lumia's or this update will be part of windows 10.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here we go again....Waiting for Cyan, then Denim, now this update. The big question is, will Verizon even release it for a discontinued phone ? The ICON has been out of Verizon's hands for a while now.

The dream of getting Windows 10 is another one I am wondering, or will we be stuck on the Preview for ever ? (I am still running 8.1 due to the MAJOR bugs in the last build).

If we don't get Update 2, there is a VERY high chance that we will not see an Official Windows 10 release on the ICON..

Great phone but, in time, there will be no choice but to move on if we don't get Win 10 for it...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
Has anyone read if the Icon is getting Official 8.1 Update 2 (or not)? The Lumia 735 will get it. Perhaps there is hope.
Mr. David N. Court? Mr. Stinguish? Where are you on this?

Welcome to Windows Central, where we have a wide variety of different information (and rumors). Sad to say though, there has been no word on the Lumia Icon receiving the GDR2 update.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to use the search button, and good luck finding anything, and everything, you might want to know (or didn't want to know and still found out).

Again, welcome to Windows Central!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If we don't get Update 2, there is a VERY high chance that we will not see an Official Windows 10 release on the ICON..

Update 2 is a fairly minor update. I could see Verizon skipping it and still distributing Windows 10. I think Windows 10 Mobile will be a big enough story to draw media ire if they don't release it for their last flagship.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Update 2 is a fairly minor update. I could see Verizon skipping it and still distributing Windows 10. I think Windows 10 Mobile will be a big enough story to draw media ire if they don't release it for their last flagship.

Still the question, It's a discontinued phone for over a year now. They DONT have to support it, I personally have seen Android devices discontinued when a major update came out 3 months later Verizon did not update it.

Our odds are fairly low on getting it, If we do get it, it will be buggy with no fixes, or we wont get it at all. We are talking October for W10p, so even longer...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Our odds are fairly low on getting it, If we do get it, it will be buggy with no fixes, or we wont get it at all.

Agree to disagree. Microsoft won't let The Lumia 930 in the United States go without parity to the rest of the Windows platform. Windows 10 signals a shift, and Microsoft wants all on board for it. Update 2 is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Agree to disagree. Microsoft won't let The Lumia 930 in the United States go without parity to the rest of the Windows platform. Windows 10 signals a shift, and Microsoft wants all on board for it. Update 2 is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Hey, I hope your right but, knowing history of Verizon, it makes me doubt it... The 930 and the 929 are 2 totally different phones on this aspect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234