Charging rate reports 16.05 per hour..but battery is not actually charging. What should I do?

DTPhoto

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Charging rate reports 16.05% per hour...but battery is not actually charging

I'm getting a false report on the charging status. While the screen in the battery app says "Charging Rate 16.05%", the graph continues to show decline, and the present battery percentage is dropping 71...70...69. Obviously the phone isn't charging, but is there something I can do (besides change the cable)? Reboot did nothing. Charging rate is always 16.05%...never more or less. When I reposition the cable, the discharging rate does vary from 3-12%.
My charging cable at work might be failing on me after 6 months of constant use. (It was a 3-pack and the others work fine.)
Data connection still works fine...able to browse files on the phone.

Enrick11123

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Charging rate reports 16.05% per hour...but battery is not actually charging

Can you tell me on what update your running into?? Is it Gdr2

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Charging rate reports 16.05% per hour...but battery is not actually charging

I'm getting a false report on the charging status. While the screen in the battery app says "Charging Rate 16.05%", the graph continues to show decline, and the present battery percentage is dropping 71...70...69. Obviously the phone isn't charging, but is there something I can do (besides change the cable)? Reboot did nothing. Charging rate is always 16.05%...never more or less. When I reposition the cable, the discharging rate does vary from 3-12%.
My charging cable at work might be failing on me after 6 months of constant use. (It was a 3-pack and the others work fine.)
Data connection still works fine...able to browse files on the phone.

Yes, it is possible that the cable is going bad. You should probably check to see what apps are running in the background. You may have an app eating up battery faster than it can charge. Nokia Here Drive, for instance, is one.

Can you tell me on what update your running into?? Is it Gdr2

WP 8.1.2 (aka GDR2) hasn't been released for the Icon yet.

DTPhoto

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes, WP 8.1 still (8.10.14129.314, to be exact)

Another device uses the same cable with no issues. It seems to be that specific cable with that specific phone. I'll probably replace the cable, soon...since I use it so much.

I do close background apps, just leaving the battery app to show active stats.

I was able to move the position of the connector and it started working again. I'm not forcing different directions...to prevent bending the internal connection and damaging the phone.

It's frustrating to see 1% charging rate, but typically it'll change and go back to 16%. I'll see how the rest of the week goes with my new methods. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre