Update to fix random reboots now available

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's hoping it also fixes some of the odd problems that have developed recently that prompt me to have to restart the phone to get it back in working order.

I know it needs a hard reset, i'm just delaying the inevitable.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded it. I hesitated at first, because on my phone in Settings -> About it said my version# was 8.10.14219.341. Yet it updated anyway...weird...

All seems to work though.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I know this is off topic (Icon). I have 928 and today the updated popped up twice on my phone. If I don't have any problems do I need really need this update?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
^ My Icon has update available as well. My Icon is fine. I'm hesitant about installing an update when my phone works just fine.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
^ My Icon has update available as well. My Icon is fine. I'm hesitant about installing an update when my phone works just fine.

I know this is off topic (Icon). I have 928 and today the updated popped up twice on my phone. If I don't have any problems do I need really need this update?

My Icon was working fine, but I installed the update anyway. It seems to be working just as well. So go ahead and update, it shouldn't break anything.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Now I know why my phone said I had this version already prior to updating. I'm on Preview for Developers and I downloaded it back in December before Denim was released.

Windows Phone 8.10.14219.341 brings cellular data toggle to the Action Centre - WMPoweruser

Lumia Denim update lets users download OS updates to microSD card | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

This is not for random reboots. It adds cellular data toggle as well as the ability to download OS updates to an SD Card (for phones that have SD Card support), and Cortana for Europe.

It's been out since December 2014. It's really weird that we're getting it now... and even weirder that I got it even though I already had it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Before you update though, note your OS version number as well as firmware build version. I'm interested in what version you are running before updating.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This is not for random reboots. It adds cellular data toggle as well as the ability to download OS updates to an SD Card (for phones that have SD Card support), and Cortana for Europe.
It may have other stuff but it's for the random reboots. I'm pretty sure I was running the same version before b/c I did a hard reset a couple weeks ago. Didn't screenshot post reset but I checked. Anyway, here's the update's pre install message which doesn't reference a version or anything else except the reboots.
RebootHotfix.jpg

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So.... I used to have the random reboots when I was on the 8.1 Preview, before it was released for Verizon. Since the official release I have not had the problem at all. However, I installed this update Saturday, and had a Random reboot Sunday. Anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss