[ICON] Is it water resistant?

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Its a ride at The Great Escape (Sigflags) called "Raging River". Its just a huge innertube with 6 seats that you float down a river on and get sprayed a bit. As far as getting wet, its kind of like walking through a lawn sprinkler a few times in terms of how wet you get. If it can be helped, Id never fully submerse my phones in water, but the risks of it getting wet from rain or spray from water or something are pretty high with me.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Its a ride at The Great Escape (Sigflags) called "Raging River". Its just a huge innertube with 6 seats that you float down a river on and get sprayed a bit. As far as getting wet, its kind of like walking through a lawn sprinkler a few times in terms of how wet you get. If it can be helped, Id never fully submerse my phones in water, but the risks of it getting wet from rain or spray from water or something are pretty high with me.
Just out your phone somehow it can't wet. It's not like you're going there everyday

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Going to a park with water rides ? My suggestion, Get some better quality (don't buy the cheapo brands) Zip lock sandwich bags. When you go into the park, put it inside one and zip it up and put it in your pocket.

I've learned this the hard way over the years (trashed a phone or 2 due to water damage), When I go anywhere near water (beach, amusement parks, etc), I always put my phone in a zip lock bag.

1. Takes a second or 2 to get out, and you should be able to hear and press buttons through the bag if needed.
2. Gives good protection on water, would not jump in the pool but, should survive getting a little wet even direct splashes with wet pants for a while.

I normally do this to my phone and wallet, I have fallen off a boat into the ocean( a little drunk that day) with this setup, My phone survived with out getting a drop wet(same with my wallet), I was with just the phone, in salt water, the phone with not be recoverable at all.

Trust me, it's cheap and it works great, again don't get the really no name cheapo bags, you will pay for it as they rip easy...

No warranty with this post, YMMV, it worked for me and has worked good over the years but, it's not 100%...but, a heck of a lot better than just a naked phone

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks much.

My daughter's boyfriend just had his LG G3 stolen, and is now using a broken iPhone 4. I was looking into something to buy him to replace his G3, but I can't pay as much as a G3 costs.

I have been intrigued by the Moto X, but I don't know much about them. Maybe that's one to get.

Thanks again.

FYI. My cousin is selling her LG G3.

LG G3 (Verizon) For Sale - ZKY006 - $240 > Swappa

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I appreciate the suggestions, but ziplock bags and cases are band aids for the problem, as I see it. The phone isn't water resistant, so Ill be taking a phone that is whenever I go.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the suggestions, but ziplock bags and cases are band aids for the problem, as I see it. The phone isn't water resistant, so Ill be taking a phone that is whenever I go.

The phone was not advertised as a water proof phone, and never was claimed to be, the ICON is still the best Windows Phone on the market (with the 930), If you wanted a water proof phone then you should of gotten one that was.

95% of the phones out there are not water proof, all will take a light splash if wiped off quickly but, in a water park, in your pocket after going down a water ride with your lap all wet, a good chunk of the phones out there will not survive that with out minor protection.

a Zip lock bag works in most cases and it's cheap...

You gota do what you gota do :)

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The phone was not advertised as a water proof phone, and never was claimed to be, the ICON is still the best Windows Phone on the market (with the 930), If you wanted a water proof phone then you should of gotten one that was.

Jesus. There is someone like you in every crowd, isnt there. Listen... or read rather... something you seem unable to do. I have a water resistant phone. I asked if this was water resistant. The answer was no. So I used my other phone instead. I wasn't ********. I wasn't asking for a life saving solution or a spray that injects fairys into the case that ward off water with magic. I asked a question. It was answered.

Stop being such an elitist. Yes, the Icon is nice. No, I'm not going to go buy another phone because I was stupid enough to ask a question. Move on.

God, I am so sick of that ****. "Hey, is this thing water resistant?" "Uh, you're an *****. Go buy another phone that's water proof. This phone never claimed to be. "

Seriously.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

95% of the phones out there are not water proof, all will take a light splash if wiped off quickly but, in a water park, in your pocket after going down a water ride with your lap all wet, a good chunk of the phones out there will not survive that with out minor protection.

a Zip lock bag works in most cases and it's cheap...

You gota do what you gota do :)

Jesus. There is someone like you in every crowd, isnt there. Listen... or read rather... something you seem unable to do. I have a water resistant phone. I asked if this was water resistant. The answer was no. So I used my other phone instead. I wasn't ********. I wasn't asking for a life saving solution or a spray that injects fairys into the case that ward off water with magic. I asked a question. It was answered.

Stop being such an elitist. Yes, the Icon is nice. No, I'm not going to go buy another phone because I was stupid enough to ask a question. Move on.

God, I am so sick of that ****. "Hey, is this thing water resistant?" "Uh, you're an *****. Go buy another phone that's water proof. This phone never claimed to be. "

Seriously.

stayontopic.png

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Seriously.

For real ? Get bent *******

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss