Icon is a monster for recording concerts

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think one of those recent updates fixed the stuttering in video recording in loud environments. Last night I took the Icon to a RUSH concert and was very pleased with the results.

The hall was deafening, but the audio is surprisingly clear and not distorted as I feared it would be.

I used the 1440p/30fps setting. The video quality is a bit lower than 4k, but i think this setting is the best compromise. It's the highest setting that enables you to use the 4k tools for choosing a frame / action shot / etc. but also zooms in as far as the 720 or 1080 setting. I can't get the 2160 to zoom in far at all.

Here's my series of recordings (about 5G in total) from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpdCbCbQjew&list=PLDJcoh3qQlPxLxwzldkNuutGgnMix2h2H

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. What do you do with these videos? I mean, yours is watchable compared to most blown out stuff I see posted, but do you ever look at them again?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Here are some of my Recordings:

Some of the videos are a little grainy (they look better on my phone maybe the compression youtube uses?) The sound quality always amazes me tho.

I've got some shows coming up in the fall, assuming i dont have a new Flagship by then I will have more videos :)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The Icon is just a monster PERIOD. It doesn't matter what you are recording, it handles it with ease!

This was recorded before Denim was released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12