Where can I find the complete orange or green back setup?

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
They don't seem to have the QI charging there?

When I swapped my back I couldn't find any place that sold a complete back. It'll probably be best to just pull the flash, NFC, and Qi from the old back and put it in the new one.

The flash will pop right out of the old one, and the new one should have adhesive already on it.
To remove the NFC and Qi, fill a sturdy Ziploc bag with hot water. Set it on the NFC and Qi stickers for a few minutes, then peel off both stickers and place them in the new back cover.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When I swapped my back I couldn't find any place that sold a complete back. It'll probably be best to just pull the flash, NFC, and Qi from the old back and put it in the new one.

The flash will pop right out of the old one, and the new one should have adhesive already on it.
To remove the NFC and Qi, fill a sturdy Ziploc bag with hot water. Set it on the NFC and Qi stickers for a few minutes, then peel off both stickers and place them in the new back cover.

Like the OP, I want an Orange one with all the BITs on it... When I mean bits, I mean the NFC and QI. The Flash popping out is not a big deal. What I would like to do is leave an option in case I want to swap any color any day. I don't want to have the take the stickers off to change back colors.

I have a black ICON, right now I have the white back but, I also have the Green back, I do swap them out time to time. I want an Orange one with everything on it but, I also don't want to spend $50 on it (about $20-25 would be right in line on what I want to pay for it and is not un reasonable).

It pops off easy enough, I use a small suction cup, sick towards the bottom, pull up, it pops right off, change flash and pop back in, the while thing tales less than a minute, so changing the color before work is something I do..

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Like the OP, I want an Orange one with all the BITs on it... When I mean bits, I mean the NFC and QI. The Flash popping out is not a big deal. What I would like to do is leave an option in case I want to swap any color any day. I don't want to have the take the stickers off to change back colors.

I have a black ICON, right now I have the white back but, I also have the Green back, I do swap them out time to time. I want an Orange one with everything on it but, I also don't want to spend $50 on it (about $20-25 would be right in line on what I want to pay for it and is not un reasonable).

It pops off easy enough, I use a small suction cup, sick towards the bottom, pull up, it pops right off, change flash and pop back in, the while thing tales less than a minute, so changing the color before work is something I do..

You probably won't find one with all the parts. In this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon/292848-orange-green-backs.html there are some links to buy the NFC, Qi, and flash to put on a new back.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If someone is looking for a back for there ICON, check this guy out, $16.99 and it's OEM with the BITs as the pictures and sub show... He's got all colors..

Original Back Battery Housing Cover Case Battery Door Shell for Nokia Lumia 930 | eBay

I ordered my Orange one, cant wait but, it will take 10-20 days...ugh..

Ahh man i want one. So this has everything the flash, wireless charging coils, etc? Can anyone recommend a good suction cup to take the back off with? :p

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ahh man i want one. So this has everything the flash, wireless charging coils, etc? Can anyone recommend a good suction cup to take the back off with? :p

Not that cheap though. It comes out to like $60 for everything. If you have a blow dryer you can save yourself some money to loosen the adhesive and in that case you just need the back, which would be cheaper.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good suction cup to take the back off with? :p

You might break off a small part of a lower clip if you pull off like that. Proper way is to take out the sim card and holder....and then push down on the inner back clip in that area first. Then the back will come off better with little chance of damaging it.

USE THIS YT VID This vid shows how to do this and then further take apart the phone. I use it to replace any parts (battery only so far) or check stuff like buttons and connections.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

If you order one directly from Nokia, it does come with all as this guy shows. The ones that I saw with out them were 3rd party knock offs from how I understand. 3rd party's sell the "bits" (definded as all the stickers and parts that come on the back) because parts fail.

Not that cheap though. It comes out to like $60 for everything. If you have a blow dryer you can save yourself some money to loosen the adhesive and in that case you just need the back, which would be cheaper.

That is why this is such a good deal, it shows everything for $16.99. And save money by yanking it off another one ? What if I want to swap between them like it I do ?

You might break off a small part of a lower clip if you pull off like that. Proper way is to take out the sim card and holder....and then push down on the inner back clip in that area first. Then the back will come off better with little chance of damaging it.

Interesting, I change between my Black, White and Green all the time (soon to be orange too !) and I just use a medium suction cup (got on eBay in a kit to fix a phone), was suggested to start on the bottom of the phone and work up from there, never an issue, all tabs are fine and all covers fit on nice and tight.

I've been looking for an Orange one with the "bits" for a while now but, seeing them for like $40+ has been crazy (paid $10 for my Green and White ones), $17 ? I had to jump it.

Cant wait, the I have a black phone so the orange and white would be my favorite :)

All out of Orange now...I guess I got one of the last ones...Showed shipped so I am happy :)

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If someone is looking for a back for there ICON, check this guy out, $16.99 and it's OEM with the BITs as the pictures and sub show... He's got all colors..

Original Back Battery Housing Cover Case Battery Door Shell for Nokia Lumia 930 | eBay

I ordered my Orange one, cant wait but, it will take 10-20 days...ugh..

So, I got my orange one in, It took 7 days from China to CT (very impressive), It's OEM, it's got all the "bits" on it, QI, NFC, flash, etc. It even had a sticker over the Nokia logo.

Still, only $16.99 with free shipping, Others were looking at buying a blank cover and the bits for it and that is well over $40, this is $17 and it comes with everything.

My ICON is now complete, I have Black, White, Green and now Orange. All the colors that are available for the 930 and I can swap one out in less than 2 min. They all have the bits on each one, so no pulling stickers or anything like that.

If you were looking for one, this is a great deal. A Nice new look for your ICON fro $17...cant beat it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta