Looking to get a new windows phone

ATLBRAVES12

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm on the unlimited data plan for verizon and I'm looking to get a new windows phone. I've had the lumia 822 for about 2 years now and it's falling apart. I also have a blackberry z30 which is a great phone but I really want a nice windows phone also. I've had the lumia icon before.in the past which is a great phone but had to sell it for personal reasons. Anyways should I get the lumia 735, lumia icon, ativ se, htc one m8 or the LG lancet? Should I buy the lancet or the 735 from verizon so I get the warranty and stuff or purchase one of the other ones off eBay. I watch a lot and movies and stuff so I'm wondering what phone will do that for me better. Thanks

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Look for expandable storage. I would give the 735 a close look if you view a lot of movies and need more than 32gb, otherwise the icon rules all of the others

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to suggest since those phones are all over the price spectrum and you haven't really said what you wanted in this phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I stream movies off Netflix so no buffering and I want one that plays well with Windows 10

I would guess LTE and a nicer display is wanted then. I would expect most to receive 10 eventually. I don't know about the ATIV or Lancet though, but it's been kept updated so far at least. HTC stated 10 will make it's way to the One M8 for Windows so we just have to worry about VZW here.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I would guess LTE and a nicer display is wanted then. I would expect most to receive 10 eventually. I don't know about the ATIV or Lancet though, but it's been kept updated so far at least. HTC stated 10 will make it's way to the One M8 for Windows so we just have to worry about VZW here.

I stream movies off Netflix so no buffering and I want one that plays well with Windows 10

Here is an article about a where Microsoft may be heading with mobile.

Microsoft's restructuring of their phone business was necessary, obvious, and good for Lumia | Windows Central

Essentially, Microsoft may start pairing down the number of different Lumia phones, and focus on three major areas (business, low end, and flagship) and only offering just a couple models per area.

The Icon is definitely Windows 10 Mobile capable. It has all of the specs needed. The big question is will Verizon update it? Yes you can update via the Insider Program but if there is a firmware upgrade (and there usually is), then Verizon still has to approve the final build and then send out the OTA update.

Right now, the Icon/930 and 1520 replacements are rumored to be the 940 (Icon/930) and the 940XL (1520). Whether or not VZW gets them is going to be up to VZW, not Microsoft though... so it's really just a wait and see right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99