How to enable MMS Settings on Icon (Maybe any Verizon) with Windows 10 Mobile (Tmobile, etc...)

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Dang I fought this thing since last night. Turned out that the .xap files I downloaded were being changed to .zip by using Edge (Internet Explorer).
I finally found that out and downloaded with Firefox to keep them as .xap files.

Just got MMS working with my ICON on T-Mobile. Sweet.
Now to do the same to the daughter's ICON as well when she gets home.

Darren Mulligan

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much for this.

I'm pretty new to this, i followed through on each step and repeated this 3 times but each time i go into my sim settings there has been no change, i.e. no option to click on sim properties (only sim settings) and no option to add MMS APN, can you help

teamgs

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, this option didn't work for my with my Verizon Icon on WP10 10586 . Was working fine until around 11/28, now I can't send or receive any MMS. No errors, just nothing happens. I created a new MMS APN, but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Salah Khan

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have been trying too. It just won't work need a new valid registry editor for this update. The DWORD value refuses to unset, remains at "00000001". I bought an icon because my Lumia 930 microphone failed and I have no warranty :(

I dunno which to sell off now the lumia 930 or the icon. I am on t-mobile. I need a way to cannibalize both to make one completely working unit :evil::love:

teamgs

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
The DWORD value refuses to unset, remains at "00000001".:

Hmmm...I was able to change the reg key, and now can add the MMS APN, it just doesn't want to send or receive any MMS messages. No errors, just no go.

Can anyone verify the Verizon MMS APN settings? I have consulted the great and almighty Google, and think I have them, but who knows. :D

OfWolfandMan

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Dang I fought this thing since last night. Turned out that the .xap files I downloaded were being changed to .zip by using Edge (Internet Explorer).
I finally found that out and downloaded with Firefox to keep them as .xap files.

Just got MMS working with my ICON on T-Mobile. Sweet.
Now to do the same to the daughter's ICON as well when she gets home.

Hi, which version are you using, you seem to be the last person that posted that got it working, did you upgrade to 10586.29 already? Seems to keep working?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it on my daughter's phone and I can not get the registry key to change on her ICON as I did on my ICON.

She is on a newer version of Windows 10 build however.
I went back to my Lumia 1520 so I can not report on whether the MMS quit working with a newer Windows 10 build.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it on my daughter's phone and I can not get the registry key to change on her ICON as I did on my ICON.

She is on a newer version of Windows 10 build however.
I went back to my Lumia 1520 so I can not report on whether the MMS quit working with a newer Windows 10 build.
There's a way to do this on windows phone 8 by changing the date. I'm not sure if it works on windows 10.
I ddid it on my icon the other day in windows phone 8.1 and upgraded to 10 and it works just fine with tmobile data and mms.

teamgs

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, I resolved an issue with Insider updates, got the latest and greatest, and while it resolved some other issues, I still couldn't send/receive MMS any more. It had been working after I initially moved to WM10. I hard reset the phone again, and it is working now.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Got fed up with trying to use the Icon on T-Mobile. Microsoft disabling the MMS workaround was the last straw for me.

Got myself an unlocked AT&T Lumia 1520 and it is awesome. Huge, but still awesome. I set font scaling down even lower than default and enabled show more tiles so now I can fit a ton more content on the screen and can fit 4 medium sized tiles across on the start screen. I'm doing a lot less scrolling now. Also re-enabled the one missing T-Mobile band in test mode and now have full T-Mobile support!! I forgot how awesome Glance and knock features are.

Also, even though this phone has only 16GB internal, it has microSD so I added a 64GB card and now I have a lot more space than I did on the Icon. Only thing I lost was wireless charging, but I never used it much anyway. Wasn't worth paying 3x the price for to get the 1520.3 version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo