How to enable MMS Settings on Icon (Maybe any Verizon) with Windows 10 Mobile (Tmobile, etc...)

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it to work either. My Icon is on 10586.164. I even re-downloaded the xap file (hoping it is the latest version). It simply wouldn't write the 00000000 key to unhide the MMS setting.

I had it working great on the earlier versions of windows 10... :(. I hope the xda guys figure it out. I've become very reliant on group messaging.

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get this to work on a non-lumia windows phone? I have a verizon M8 that has the MMS settings hidden. Its frustrating...

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Whew, this gave me a scare when I activated my new NanoSIM on my new (used) Icon, discovered the MMS setting was missing, and it seemed the workaround was not working anymore.

I've got MMS working on Koodo in Canada on build 10586.164 using an updated Lumia registry editor vcReg_1.5 found here. One has to do this instead of using the older registry editor in Root Tool:

Deploy @vcfan Lumia registry editor vcReg_1.5.

[Go to vcreg --> (. . .) --> templates --> check mark, restore Ndtksvc and click on apply.

Restart the phone and continue on with the steps to edit the registry entry to '0'​

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
When I click on Lumia Registry Editor, I get error message saying: Your device doesn't support! Verify the 'NDTK.Svc.dll Driver is included in your operating system.
I don't get that error when I click on 'For All Windows Device' or 'Samsung Registry Editor'.
What do I do now?

I found the file Ndtk.svc.dll on xda; how do I move into the proper phone folder? I tried C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and the move is always unsuccessful...

Last edited:

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Don't use the Root Tool linked in the OP, the Lumia Registry Editor included in that is an old version, instead use the one found in the XDA thread I linked.

wp_ss_20160316_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20160316_0002.jpg
So check the Restore NDTKsvc and restart the phone. And then you should be able to use the registry editor to change the HideMMSAPN value.

prashp1

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I got MMS Settings working on ICON for Windows 10. However, does anyone know how to change IP type for Internet Settings since it's hidden?

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Don't use the Root Tool linked in the OP, the Lumia Registry Editor included in that is an old version, instead use the one found in the XDA thread I linked.

View attachment 123775
View attachment 123776
So check the Restore NDTKsvc and restart the phone. And then you should be able to use the registry editor to change the HideMMSAPN value.

Using this technique allowed me to see & edit the MMS APN settings.
Icon now sending & receiving MMS messages on Cricket!
Thanks!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Using this technique allowed me to see & edit the MMS APN settings.
Icon now sending & receiving MMS messages on Cricket!
Thanks!

TullPhan, did you get the MMS APN working on Verizon or another carrier? If on Verizon, can you please share the exact settings you put into the MMS APN for Verizon. been trying several combinations but nothing has worked so far.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
TullPhan, did you get the MMS APN working on Verizon or another carrier? If on Verizon, can you please share the exact settings you put into the MMS APN for Verizon. been trying several combinations but nothing has worked so far.

No, I got it working on Cricket.
It should work out of the box for Verizon as that's the carrier I initially had.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
TullPhan - I am also on Cricket, and have an Icon on the way. Do the Cricket setting appear in a dropdown, or are they entered manually? If they need to be entered, would you mind sharing them.
Thanks, JP

JFKoz

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, very late here. It looks like the xapdeploy exe is not available with the current VS download (2015) . Is there someway to either get the 2013 version or an alternative way to utilize the xap? Thanks

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. VS 2013 is downloaded from the same site. There is a section that has several older versions, I think I had to register as a developer, which is free. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll send you a link once I get home. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo