The other day, I dropped my 928 in a parking lot and shattered the glass, not the digitizer. Phone still works. I had been thinking of changing platforms, but upon reflection of the costs involved, I just bought a nearly mint Icon off Craigslist.

Do you really want to repurchase all your apps? Do you really want to learn yet another ecosystem? I decided not.

I left the deactivated SIM in the old phone to use the 928 as a "WP Touch" (iPod Touch for WP) for my mileage tracking app. It will stay in the car.
    Ian Too and aximtreo like this.
    08-19-2015 08:41 AM
    Sorry to hear about your 928, though I think you'll find the Icon well worth the cost.

Of course the app/ecosystem inertia is one of the things keeping people on Android, so boo to that.
    08-19-2015 08:59 AM
    You won't be disappointed in the Icon. Even thought it is over a year and a half old, it is still a beast of a phone. Even when compared to the iPhone 6, Galaxy S6, and the LG G4.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:53 PM
    Ian Too: The Icon is definitely faster and yes, I'm glad I got it. It came with Windows 10 Mobile 10512, but after the new Store balked at completely installing Tweetium and Poki (and I found out that Calculator and OneNote weren't installed yet, and couldn't because of the aforementioned frozen apps) I went back to 8.1 and restored my backup from the 928. I liked the look and functionality of Windows 10 Mobile, it's just I have to have a perfectly running phone for my business. I use it very heavily.

Septembersrain: I could get it fixed; I'd do it myself. I've fixed a lot of laptops in the past couple of years, and the YouTube video wasn't too hard. It would cost $70 or so. But for now, that only the glass and not the digitizer is broken, I can hold off for a while. It works just fine as a "WPad Touch" for VEZMA, my mileage tracking app. Now I can use GPS on the Icon and still track my mileage!

gernerttl: It got hot on the side where the buttons are when I reverted back to 8.1, but it cooled down quickly thereafter.
    Last edited by Steven Taylor 5; 08-19-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added response to gernerttl
    08-19-2015 03:00 PM
    Yes. Heating can be an issue. Certain apps will make it run hot. Games mostly, but mine has run hot using Here Drive+. Generally any app that is CPU/GPU intensive.

I'm contemplating reverting to WP8.1/Denim. I too love the look and functionality of W10M, but it's still too buggy and I'm having trouble with several apps working properly.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-19-2015 03:52 PM