Videos on Icon: a couple irritations. How can I delete multiple videos at a time?

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Videos on Icon: a couple irritations

I know that these are minor things, but it would really make my life easier if I knew how to do these couple of things.

1. Have the videos save in the video file for when I'm hooked up to the computer. Right now it saves everything in the Camera Roll file. Not cool. Especially when I have like 500 pictures/videos from a recent trip on top of the 500 or so already on there. I'm full now, and trying to sort through this is maddening.
  2. Delete videos from my phone in multiples. Has anyone else figured out how to do this? I can't select it in the "all" page where I can select multiple pictures, I want to be able to do the same with videos.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Videos on Icon: a couple irritations

1) right click on an empty space inside the pictures folder
group by - type (This will separate the videos and photos)

right click again
sort by - created (This will sort out the videos and photos within their groups according to their dates)

2) For multi-selecting videos and deleting them, you might want to goto the Videos app.
On bottom center you will find the multiselect button and after selecting, you can delete them all (selected) at once.

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, but what I really want to do is shift the videos on my phone over to their video folder (that it says my phone has when I open it in File Explorer on my PC--8.1 Windows if that's relevant) so that they don't show up at all when I'm trying to load the pictures. For whatever reason, slow connection/computer/sheer quantity, it takes it like 5 minutes to load all the pictures/videos so that I can even see the thumbnails on my computer (with additional lag as I scroll). I feel like it would load up faster if the videos were completely separate in their own folder.

I'd never used the video app before today, but mine doesn't have the multi-select button. I only have the option to tap-to-play the videos. Even pressing and holding doesn't give me the option to delete them through the app.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

sheer quantity, it takes it like 5 minutes to load all the pictures/videos so that I can even see the thumbnails on my computer (with additional lag as I scroll).

Your phone is connected as a media device and not as a card reader, so the thumbnails are generated each time (no thumbnail cache) you try to view them on explorer, not because of the video being in the same folder.

I'd never used the video app before today, but mine doesn't have the multi-select button.

So you're saying that you don't have this button ?
wp_ss_20151003_0001.png wp_ss_20151003_0002.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon