Making the switch, again

walpy207

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the stupidity: I got an Icon again, will be here Sat. I have an iPhone 6 now, can I just pull the sim and then the icon will work? I downloaded the VZW contact back-up app.

Or do I need to go in to a store to move my number and info over?

Thanks so much!

Bowlegz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I just moved from a 6Plus, and all I did was place the sim into the Icon and everything worked just fine. No need to go into the store.

walpy207

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Fingers crossed! That was my hope, it'll be here tomorrow and we'll find out. I'd like to be able to jump back and forth as the mood hits me... or, well, if the newest W10M build doesn't agree with me.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed!

Don't bother crossing your fingers! Just switch the SIM card. I do it all the time. If you check your Verizon account online or through the Verizon app, you will see that the device will update almost instantly.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the VZW contact back-up app.

You should think about moving your contacts to a service like people.live.com or contacts.google.com so you don't have to fiddle with the VZW app. It's easy enough to export and upload them.

walpy207

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Icon I got already had W10M on it.. Backup Assistant Plus isn't working and I can't figure out how to get my contacts off my old iPhone.

I read that you can download the Backup Assistant app from the old store? I cannot find it when I search - does any have a link to it or any help?

Much appreciated as I now have 0 contacts!

walpy207

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Icon I got already had W10M on it.. Backup Assistant Plus isn't working and I can't figure out how to get my contacts off my old iPhone.

I read that you can download the Backup Assistant app from the old store? I cannot find it when I search - does any have a link to it or any help?

Much appreciated as I now have 0 contacts!

I've almost got it using an export app and people.live.com ... Got it all into my outlook people - but now just need to people on the phone to update ... I think

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12