Official Windows 10 for Icon

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
What are the odds of the Icon receiving the official Windows 10 once it is finally rolled out to other mobile devices? It makes me a bit nervous that I have not seen it listed on some initial articles regarding the role out.

Any thoughts/opinions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It will happen ASSUMING VERIZON COOPERATES.

Now, you could probably get away with the Insider Slow Ring once 10 is launching/close to launching in the likely case Verizon starts flipping around middle fingers.

It may not be the first to receive the update, but it would officially given the above.

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but would the insider program build continue to be supported and updated by Microsoft? Once the official 10 version is rolled out, I cannot imagine them giving much attention to insider builds.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but would the insider program build continue to be supported and updated by Microsoft? Once the official 10 version is rolled out, I cannot imagine them giving much attention to insider builds.

The Insider program will continue as long as 10 Mobile is improved, which is indefinite for the time being. The Insider program still exists for desktop 10.

It'll continue to be a bit ahead of the curve at the price of some risk.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well i meant it only does WP 8.1 updates. I enrolled into it and saw that its an insider program for WP10.
So looks like you were 3 versions of windows off

Preview for Developers - prerelease beta-yet-mostly-done program with Windows Phone 8.0 Update 3 -> 8.1 Update 1

Windows Insider - incomplete builds of Windows 10 Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett