Texts not restoring with insider preview....14 hours and not a single texts is restored.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to newest build, all photos, etc. have sync'd, but not a single text message has downloaded from prior to installing this preview. I've changed every setting I can think of, but nothing works....I've never had this issue with 8.1. I let it sit overnight on wifi, and , I'm having no luck at all. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I hope my texts aren't gone. I really don't want to have to go back to 8.1 to get them back, as I'm digging WP10.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
they usually come back over time. I've seen 12 to 24 hours for them to restore. I wouldn't change settings. Try restarting the phone, then soft reset a couple times and wait. Sometimes patience pays off.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in hearing others' experience with this as well. My phone recovered a very small amount shortly after moving to the last build, then abruptly stopped and never resumed.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I even rolled back to 8.1 with the recovery tool and 3 years worth of texts came through without a hitch. Since I knew at that point that my texts were "safe" for now, I re-updated to the new 10 build and it won't get any texts except the ones I sent using windows 10 YESTERDAY (and a few odd scraglers it had downloaded yesterday). I did a fresh install without restore this time and it made no difference. It's really bizarre.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I even rolled back to 8.1 with the recovery tool and 3 years worth of texts came through without a hitch. Since I knew at that point that my texts were "safe" for now, I re-updated to the new 10 build and it won't get any texts except the ones I sent using windows 10 YESTERDAY (and a few odd scraglers it had downloaded yesterday). I did a fresh install without restore this time and it made no difference. It's really bizarre.

I looked at both my Icons (one has 10572, the other 10581). The phone I upgraded to 10572 and then did a hard reset - txt msgs are wonky and incomplete. Even after a week. The phone with 10581 is definitely more complete, but I'm not sure it's 100%.

I think there's still a bug with 10581. I don't think I got all mine back, but got most. I also notice that messaging +skype forces close when I try to attach a photo directly to a txt msg from OneDrive or Photos. Had a few times when txt msg's stop typing and txt is invisible for whatever reason. I still think messaging integration with Skype is ongoing and mostly sketchy.

Only thing I recommend is revert to 8.1 denim which will wipe the phone. Sign into MS account. Let all your messages come in on 8.1 denim and all the apps update 100%. Then sign in to Insider app and do the upgrade. See if that brings them back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon