Hi Everyone,

So I got my Icon over the weekend and I've been playing around with it and I have a few questions about the camera settings. I was taking some pictures, and noticed that sometimes they were a bit blurry/not focused. I cannot tell if its me or the camera. Also, when I zoom in on the pictures, I feel that it looks more grainy than they should. Are there any specific settings I should make the most out of the camera?

Also, side note - has anyone had the power, volume and camera button feel slightly wiggly/loose? I noticed the side buttons on my Icon are not as firm as they were on my 928.

thanks for your help!
    11-02-2015 05:44 AM
    Majority of the time it is user error that creates problems. Since you haven't posted any pictures it's hard to tell but generally going by what you're saying it would seem like user error.

If you need tips on taking pictures I suggest this thread - http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...Bguide%5D.html
    libra89 likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:58 AM
    As long as we are on a camera settings topic, what happened to the settings with wp10, can only chose 16mp instead of 20. And no 4k?
    12-03-2015 01:45 PM
    I think to get 20Mp you have to change from 16:9 aspect to 4:3. I don't have my icon in front of me but I'm pretty sure that is the case.
    12-06-2015 06:57 PM
    Hi Everyone,

So I got my Icon over the weekend and I've been playing around with it and I have a few questions about the camera settings. I was taking some pictures, and noticed that sometimes they were a bit blurry/not focused. I cannot tell if its me or the camera. Also, when I zoom in on the pictures, I feel that it looks more grainy than they should. Are there any specific settings I should make the most out of the camera?

Also, side note - has anyone had the power, volume and camera button feel slightly wiggly/loose? I noticed the side buttons on my Icon are not as firm as they were on my 928.

thanks for your help!
    I also switched from a 928 to Icon. Only it was about a year ago. It was an interesting move. Icon is a technically better phone but 928 was pretty awesome.

Yes the buttons are wiggly on my icon as well. As for the photos I had the feeling that 928 did a better job with low light photos. I actually really loved it for the photo quality and while icon has a higher megapixel count 928 seemed to deliver cleaner results.

Overall with the icon you'll get great daytime photos. In low light you should use rich capture and when you can flash. Later you can adjust the amount of flash, through rich capture edit, which can help with things not being washed out. It will also help with focus and reduce grain.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your icon. It's a pretty solid phone overall.
    12-21-2015 02:35 AM