After 3 months I really miss my ICON

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Well after having the ICON for over a year I had to say goodbye to an awesome phone. I was hanging a tree stand for the upcoming archery season and my phone which was clad in the Otterbox Defender case fell off my hip and 60 feet down into a stream. Just to clarify I was not 60 feet up in the tree but the slope of the terrain added to the fall distance. Needless to say that the phone wasn't able to be saved. Unfortunately I couldn't stay with Windows phone since I used the camera on my phone a lot I couldn't justify going to a lesser quality phone with a crappy camera. As much as I would have loved to have left Big Red I would have sacrificed the ability to have phone service at my family's hunting camp where I spend a day of my time. I ended up with a 64 gb Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I enjoy it and it works for me but I miss the integration that I had being able to start on my phone and pick back up on my pc or my Lumia 2520 tablet. I miss the whole windows ecosystem experience.
CGD

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I moved on to a S6 Edge from my Icon. And while I miss the feel of windows OS. The app quality is still too far of a gap. Haven't been on Android since I got a 920 back in 2013. I can't believe how far behind windows is in app quality. I still have my icon and will probably give it to my daughter as a WiFi device.

Paulmac0957

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I know the feeling, I switched to the Note 5 from the Nokia 929 about 5 months ago, but I am tired of being back in Android hell. So I am picking up a used ICON that should arrive in the next day or so, and switching back to Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077