As of now I've updated the phone to 10.0.10586.63..

Despite recent updates to .63, i continue to have many issues with 10.. enough that i'm considering jumping ship to an android s5 or s6 at this point.. (yeah i realize this is still technically mostly beta, however, its mature enough at this point that i would expect more.. i cant go back to 8.1 given the features i'm used to seeing either)

Here is currently what i'm experiencing..

• If you attempt to drag a tile onto another tile to create a new live folder, the start screen crashes and the tiles dont merge.. (i believe this may be related to a random app thats installed, though i cant confirm).. it crashes and goes back to the previous opened app..
    • Often you will just press a tile to open an app and instead of the app opening you are taken to the all apps view.
    • Frequently partial data loss occurs, no internet ability for only certain apps like youtube, while other apps continue to function (rebooting cures, toggling airplane mode does not).
    • If you attempt to share a page via outlook from edge, often the outlook full screen image just sits there for well over 2 minutes.
    • Attempting to share pictures via email/outlook either times out or fails.
    • There are often blank tiles in the start menu
    • Some apps take forever to open, such as the NBC news app, others simply crash for no reason on attempting to open
    • Often you will be midstream typing a new email and the entire app will crash
    • Often you will be midstream typing a new MMS/SMS message and the app crashes
    • Music Streaming apps often wont work at all, they will find a track to play, but if you try to play it, nothing happens.

I may have a missed a few other issues.. but these are the bulk of them.
    01-18-2016 12:53 PM
    many more than that....Windows 10 Mobile on the ICON is a freaking mess....Crashing and Loading screens happen all the time for me and this was a CLEAN upgrade with no restore....

I'm not the first people by any means to say this too...
    01-19-2016 01:49 PM
    New issue I've found: If you exceed your data allowance while having Data Sense set up, when the next month rollover occurs you continue to get low data warnings even though you are into a new month. And by receiving warnings I mean several per hour, or even several per minute. It becomes highly frustrating. I had to disable the feature to make it stop.
    01-22-2016 01:16 PM
    I'll add that I have to reboot the phone multiple times per day, because the Wifi stops connecting, or the bluetooth stops connecting. The worst part is; it doesn't notify me about the problem, and I blast right through my data allowance for the month.

I think many of these issues are going to turn out to be firmware-related; we probably won't get any relief until Verizon releases an official update, complete with updated firmware and drivers.
    01-24-2016 10:08 AM
    Don't hold your breath on VZW doing an official update for the Icon, I highly doubt it will happen.
    01-25-2016 07:04 PM
    In addition to loss of wifi or bluetooth, I have had the Icon lose cell connectivity a few times. The same as with Brian, there is no notification of a problem, the first I know of it is when I notice I haven't gotten any email for awhile. Then when I check it, it says its not connected. A reboot always sorts it out, but I always worry that I may have missed a call or text. Other than that one rather important and frustrating issue, W10 has been performing wonderfully on my Icon.
    01-26-2016 12:12 PM
    If you attempt to share a page via outlook from edge, often the outlook full screen image just sits there for well over 2 minutes.

This is the only issue I have periodically on my Icon. Did all of you do a hard reset after upgrade?
    01-26-2016 12:57 PM
    This is the only issue I have periodically on my Icon. Did all of you do a hard reset after upgrade?
    I was going to suggest a hard reset as well. Sorts many issues.
    01-26-2016 01:02 PM
    I've run into a couple issues W10M too.

1. Even though I've set the camera to 16MP DNG + 5MP JPG or 5MP JPG capture, it only captures 19MP JPGS. Furthermore, when I look at the images, there are regular spaced lines across the image. If I switch to 19MP JPG those lines are not there.

2. When plugged into a computer, the phone gives me the slow charging warning and the computer doesn't recognize the phone. I've tried two different systems. I've just done a hard reset and it still does the same thing. I can't even get a computer to recognize it to roll back to 8.1. :/

Since I can't even roll back to 8.1, tell if it is actually hard ware related or not.

Update: I also can't connect to 5GHz WiFi (802.11ac) either.
    Last edited by gernerttl; 01-26-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    01-26-2016 03:53 PM
    I've run into a couple issues W10M too.

1. Even though I've set the camera to 16MP DNG + 5MP JPG or 5MP JPG capture, it only captures 19MP JPGS. Furthermore, when I look at the images, there are regular spaced lines across the image. If I switch to 19MP JPG those lines are not there.

2. When plugged into a computer, the phone gives me the slow charging warning and the computer doesn't recognize the phone. I've tried two different systems. I've just done a hard reset and it still does the same thing. I can't even get a computer to recognize it to roll back to 8.1. :/

Since I can't even roll back to 8.1, tell if it is actually hard ware related or not.
    I've had the slow charging when plugging in my phone to my car charger. I have found that getting a charger that is 2.4amp instead of 2.0 resolves the slow charging issue. Apparently this phone grabs power fast. You may want to try a USB 3 to see if that works. I believe this is a hardware requirement of the phone and not software related.

I'll try to duplicate #1 tonight and see what mine does.
    01-26-2016 04:31 PM
    You may want to try a USB 3 to see if that works. I believe this is a hardware requirement of the phone and not software related.
    I plugged into my SP3 which is USB 3. I know it's not my SP3 USB port, because I have connected my iPhone 6s+ and my Galaxy Tab S2 to it with no worries. It's just my Icon that isn't recognized.

Oh and for the record, it was working fine before this latest update.
    01-26-2016 04:49 PM
    All these woes were enough that i dumped the nokia icon.. i've since switched to the s6 active phone.. went from straight talk restricted 8mbit downloads to 75 mbit/sec (not a typo).. the phone is super fast both on the downloading and interface not to mention everything actually works :) (although i will say android is much "busier" looking than the more simplified windows tile interface)
    01-26-2016 06:15 PM
    Don't hold your breath on VZW doing an official update for the Icon, I highly doubt it will happen.
    I knew a guy who did that waiting for Cyan....Let's just say he's no longer around....

On other side of it, it's not a Windows Phone thing, it's a Verizon thing, Read the android fourms, you'll see the same problems...

Only way we are getting an offical upgrade is from Microsoft....
    01-27-2016 11:24 AM
    Win10 has been working great on my Icon, except for the Bluetooth syncing with my car. 8.1 synced perfectly every time. Ever since upgrading to 10, even with the latest insider preview versions, I have to manually connect Bluetooth to my car, a 2013 Prius. I've rolled back to 8.1, reinstalled 10, done several hard resets with and without restoring software. All to no avail. I'm about ready to either roll back to 8.1 until a workable solution is found or jump ship to something else. But unfortunately, can't stand Android or iPhone.

Being able to sms and call via Cortana in my car was a huge selling point, but it's no longer working. So much for selling WP.
    01-27-2016 01:47 PM
    Win10 has been working great on my Icon, except for the Bluetooth syncing with my car. 8.1 synced perfectly every time. Ever since upgrading to 10, even with the latest insider preview versions, I have to manually connect Bluetooth to my car, a 2013 Prius. I've rolled back to 8.1, reinstalled 10, done several hard resets with and without restoring software. All to no avail. I'm about ready to either roll back to 8.1 until a workable solution is found or jump ship to something else. But unfortunately, can't stand Android or iPhone.

Being able to sms and call via Cortana in my car was a huge selling point, but it's no longer working. So much for selling WP.
    Bluetooth is faster for me on Win10M. Have you tried the checkbox under advanced - "Use alternate..."
    01-27-2016 04:43 PM
    Bluetooth is faster for me on Win10M. Have you tried the checkbox under advanced - "Use alternate..."
    Yes, tried that early on and it seemed to help for a day, then went right back to never connecting automatically.
    01-28-2016 04:14 AM
    I knew a guy who did that waiting for Cyan....Let's just say he's no longer around....

On other side of it, it's not a Windows Phone thing, it's a Verizon thing, Read the android fourms, you'll see the same problems...

Only way we are getting an offical upgrade is from Microsoft....
    So, in other words, no official update will happen for the Icon. We've got the preview which is nice but we will almost certainly not see any firmware updates.
    01-28-2016 06:45 PM
    So, in other words, no official update will happen for the Icon. We've got the preview which is nice but we will almost certainly not see any firmware updates.
    With Verizon's history of supporting discontinued phones (the ICON has been out of Verizon for at least a year and 1/2 now), I would not hold my breath.

Although Microsoft says in their list that the ICON is going to get the final. If that includes a firmware, it should but, might not have Verizon customizations but, it could fix other hardware issues, battery life etc.

To me that is the important thing.

We just have to wait but, holding your breath is not advised.
    01-29-2016 05:40 AM
    Where did you see that list, because I just saw a news article on this site saying it probably wouldn't get the final due to the carrier. I'm pretty sure it was an article regarding the timeframe of win10 mobile release dates for each phone.
    01-29-2016 07:11 PM