Redstone on Icon short guide

msilver72

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I did the Redstone reg hack on my Icon last week and it was a complete **** show. The phone was almost unusable. I even did a hard reset on Redstone and it wasn't much better after, even after giving it a few days to 'settle'. Cortana was completely useless in my car for texting, random phone crashes, phone was jerky and would become unresponsive, apps would not open, GPS was very flaky and unreliable, app updates wouldn't complete and would stay in a greyed out state (there was a work around that did help), overheating and battery drain, etc.

I rolled it back to 8.1 and then forward to 10586.218 and it's working great.

Coming from a 20 year IT guy, I would wait to do this on the Icon until Redstone is more ready for primetime, but your mileage may vary.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Running 14328 on my Icon (Relabeled to 930)
so far I am not seeing any major issues
Camera has messed up a couple of times.

Call quality is great
No resets or shutdowns
Battery life is good

Hey Cortana works
as does Cortana Triggers

Nothing that is going to force me to revert back.

I never did a reset of any kind.
I did have to turn it off for a few min and then back on, once I did this and let it sit for a while all seems good now.

As always, ymmv.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So after this workaround is done, do the updates continue to roll in or do we have to go through the process each time? I'm planning on pulling the trigger if I can just get my XPS 13 to complete the most recent update. Keeps getting stuck at 71%.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi again everyone. I need a little help. I can't seem to deploy to the device. When I select the root tool, it just opens the folder until there are no other folders to open. I've renamed the folder with .xap but it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm being a total wpn00b...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi again everyone. I need a little help. I can't seem to deploy to the device. When I select the root tool, it just opens the folder until there are no other folders to open. I've renamed the folder with .xap but it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm being a total wpn00b...

Try with "windows phone power tools"

nth_Derivative

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm able to download the update; however after the update process starts, it immediately stops and throws the error "0x80070002" on the update screen - any ideas?

Grzenek

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
OK, all. The fight is over. Microsoft is officially adding Lumia Icon to the Redstone update. Follow Windows Central.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo