Redstone on Icon short guide

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just load RootTool from XNA and deploy using using XAPDeploy in developer mode or Using device portal and do the changes below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3465583&d=1441629736

[JAILBREAK][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for Window?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

1 - Go to Settings
2 - Update & Security >> For Developers
3 - Enable Developer Mode
4 - Enable Device Discovery
5 - Install Visual Studio 2013 in the computer
6 - Connect the phone on the USB
7 - Open the XAPDeploy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\Tools\XAP Deployment\XapDeploy.exe"
7.1 - Download Root_Tool.xap
8 - Deploy the APP Root_Tool.xap using XAPDeploy
9 - Open Root Tool (For All Windows Device)
navigate to HKLM>System>Platform>DeviceTargetingInfo and change the value of:
PhoneManufacturer to Nokia
PhoneManufacturerModelName to RM-1045_1009
PhoneModelName to Lumia 930

After the update finishes change back to the original if you want. Maybe you will need to change again to get future updates

Im not responsible if you brick your phone. This is what I did in my phone.

--- 4/4/2016

I just did a hardreset to test if it is going to brick the phone and everything still working fine. no bugs at all

---

Kudos

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Cool I'm familiar with the tweaks so know my way around. Was wondering if this would work as I was looking at the icon :D How is it handling so far? I'd like to know about the user experience?:)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Cool I'm familiar with the tweaks so know my way around. Was wondering if this would work as I was looking at the icon :D How is it handling so far? I'd like to know about the user experience?:)

I just did it and it is running good. Takes long time the first redstone boot

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I'll give verizon a until may to get this sorted and then I may go down the rooting the phone route. Some of the phone + desktop syncing stuff that is coming in redstone seems pretty sweet.

Grzenek

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
So, forgive me my greenness here. I swapped to development mode, downloaded XNA RootTool, unzipped it and have trouble to find XAPDeoloy to push it. Can you be more specific?
Thanks.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So, forgive me my greenness here. I swapped to development mode, downloaded XNA RootTool, unzipped it and have trouble to find XAPDeoloy to push it. Can you be more specific?
Thanks.

If you try to unzip and you see a lot of files you don't have to unzip just rename to .xap

1 - Go to Settings
2 - Update & Security >> For Developers
3 - Enable Developer Mode
4 - Enable Device Discovery
5 - Install Visual Studio 2013 in the computer
6 - Connect the phone on the USB
7 - Open the XAPDeploy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\Tools\XAP Deployment\XapDeploy.exe"
7.1 - Download Root_Tool.xap
8 - Deploy the APP Root_Tool.xap using XAPDeploy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb