buying a Icon "again" but have a ?

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I bought an Icon when they first came out and was foolish and traded it for a 6+ last year and, well I miss WP like crazy. So I'm thinking about just buying a new one but my job has changed in the last year and now I use my phone all the time for work over the company wifi. Now I work in a very large warehouse and my iphone struggles to stay connected but does for the most part stay on wifi. If I remember correctly the Icon has a hard time even at my home. Has this been corrected yet? Also how is the wifi on Windows 10 on the icon? Thanks for any advice you can give. I really want the phone again but I Need it to work right.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought an Icon when they first came out and was foolish and traded it for a 6+ last year and, well I miss WP like crazy. So I'm thinking about just buying a new one but my job has changed in the last year and now I use my phone all the time for work over the company wifi. Now I work in a very large warehouse and my iphone struggles to stay connected but does for the most part stay on wifi. If I remember correctly the Icon has a hard time even at my home. Has this been corrected yet? Also how is the wifi on Windows 10 on the icon? Thanks for any advice you can give. I really want the phone again but I Need it to work right.

I have an Icon on build 10586.218, works like a charm. I use it for work and personal. My one small gripe is Windows Camera, slight loss of quality compared to Lumia Camera, but still a great camera nonetheless. Wifi works good, I have no issues with it. Still one of the best phones there is

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's hard to gauge Wi-Fu reception considering your use case.

But as things are, using Insider you'll be able to reach whatever 10586 builds come out. Registry and other hacking comes into play if you want to continue past that branch.

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
How well does Skype work on this phone? I have been playing with my sons old 635 and it is horrible on it. slow with no notifications.. My son has an ipod and I need to be able to text and call him. Do you have a suggestion for something besides Skype?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb