I bought an Icon when they first came out and was foolish and traded it for a 6+ last year and, well I miss WP like crazy. So I'm thinking about just buying a new one but my job has changed in the last year and now I use my phone all the time for work over the company wifi. Now I work in a very large warehouse and my iphone struggles to stay connected but does for the most part stay on wifi. If I remember correctly the Icon has a hard time even at my home. Has this been corrected yet? Also how is the wifi on Windows 10 on the icon? Thanks for any advice you can give. I really want the phone again but I Need it to work right.
    leonelfunes32 likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:15 PM
    I bought an Icon when they first came out and was foolish and traded it for a 6+ last year and, well I miss WP like crazy. So I'm thinking about just buying a new one but my job has changed in the last year and now I use my phone all the time for work over the company wifi. Now I work in a very large warehouse and my iphone struggles to stay connected but does for the most part stay on wifi. If I remember correctly the Icon has a hard time even at my home. Has this been corrected yet? Also how is the wifi on Windows 10 on the icon? Thanks for any advice you can give. I really want the phone again but I Need it to work right.
    I have an Icon on build 10586.218, works like a charm. I use it for work and personal. My one small gripe is Windows Camera, slight loss of quality compared to Lumia Camera, but still a great camera nonetheless. Wifi works good, I have no issues with it. Still one of the best phones there is
    04-27-2016 03:19 PM
    Alright and will I be able to get to 10586.218 through the developers preview or would I have to hack it in??
    04-27-2016 05:33 PM
    I think it's hard to gauge Wi-Fu reception considering your use case.

But as things are, using Insider you'll be able to reach whatever 10586 builds come out. Registry and other hacking comes into play if you want to continue past that branch.
    04-27-2016 05:36 PM
    How well does Skype work on this phone? I have been playing with my sons old 635 and it is horrible on it. slow with no notifications.. My son has an ipod and I need to be able to text and call him. Do you have a suggestion for something besides Skype?
    05-01-2016 09:24 PM