new Icon arriving on Monday help me set it up right..

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Alright I had a post that I was going back to the Icon and its going to be here Monday! I have the IPhone 6+ right now and I have been reading like crazy about how I should set this up, but I have read so much that now I'm a little confused so I'm looking for some volunteers to help me make sure I set this up right. So step 1. when should I turn off imessage? I got burned by this back in 2014 when I originally got the Icon and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again. I do plan on going to the production ring of insider, I had it previously on my old Icon and when I grabbed an old 635 I had laying around and logged in and chose set up from back up it took me to a windows 10 build. but after reading Daniel's post it seems like I should just let it go with a fresh install of 8.1 and then upgrade from there? Do I need my sim card inserted before I let it set up the 8.1?

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright I had a post that I was going back to the Icon and its going to be here Monday! I have the IPhone 6+ right now and I have been reading like crazy about how I should set this up, but I have read so much that now I'm a little confused so I'm looking for some volunteers to help me make sure I set this up right. So step 1. when should I turn off imessage? I got burned by this back in 2014 when I originally got the Icon and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again. I do plan on going to the production ring of insider, I had it previously on my old Icon and when I grabbed an old 635 I had laying around and logged in and chose set up from back up it took me to a windows 10 build. but after reading Daniel's post it seems like I should just let it go with a fresh install of 8.1 and then upgrade from there? Do I need my sim card inserted before I let it set up the 8.1?

1. Turn off iMessage whenever you want before inserting the SIM into the Icon. Unless you have friends who use iMessage on iPod or only have Wi-Fi on their other Apple devices. If you turn it off now you will simply get SMS messages instead (the green instead of blue messages).
  2. It will come with 8.1 installed, set it up and then upgrade to whatever build you want. Once the upgrade is done, perform a factory reset and remove all the Verizon preinstalled apps. Things should be smooth sailing from there.
  3. Doesn't matter when you insert the SIM.

Hope this helps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786