Still worth purchasing the Icon?

dlowe23

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have done a lot of research on getting a new WP. My question here is, is the Icon still worth buying? I don't want to pay $140.00 for a phone that has a lot of issues. Thanks!

ErikMT

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I did what you are thinking of doing. I just bought the Icon off of Ebay from an electronics place in Brooklyn, NY. The phone looked brand new for $99. I was using the Lumia 928 prior with Windows 10. It had some issues. The Icon, I have not experienced any issues yet (although I want to mention I do not use Bluetooth that much). It runs very fluid and fast. I am impressed with it. I'm running the Preview Release 10586.338

marsrover2012

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Same experience as ErikMT. When from 928 to Icon and love the speed and responsiveness of it. Do miss the Glance screen capabiltiy though. Running insider build 356.1000

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Same experience as ErikMT. When from 928 to Icon and love the speed and responsiveness of it. Do miss the Glance screen capabiltiy though. Running insider build 356.1000

I was Lucky to find a new Icon on eBay and going from the 928 is like what a dream, like all above said is true and Glance I also miss having, so the way I see it if you want to stay with Verizon and windows 10 really want are our choice's, find a Icon or get the 735 that they offer now. Let's hope something is worked by the time the surface phone is released.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the Icon is totally worth it. I'm content with this phone and I've had it since launch day. If you're on Verizon, this is your best option by a mile.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the Icon is totally worth it. I'm content with this phone and I've had it since launch day. If you're on Verizon, this is your best option by a mile.

with wp10 the icon is it for me until MSFT figures out its mobile market and hopefully releases a new beast on Verizon even then its going to take one heck of a phone and not just more mega pixels to get the icon from me

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I too have gone from my very trusty 928, first to a refurb which I returned on Amazon, then found a new Icon on Ebay. After completely setting it up I found I couldn't send a picture by text. The refurb camera button wouldn't turn on the camera and now this. Spent an hour with V and they found nothing. They suggested the windows device recovery tool. I hooked it up at 10:30 the other night, let it run and went to bed. The next morning it was just doing the same spinning. It did nothing, so that tool is worthless to me. I decided to give it a last ditch and reset the phone. It worked and now everything is working fine, even bluetooth, gotta have Pandora in my car! I kinda miss glance, but love Hey Cortana! I will admit battery life isn't as good as it is on the 928, hoping w10 will fix that. I use the 928 on wifi to save my 929 battery! Since I'm using this for my daily driver I'm going to wait until a complete and fully functional w10 is released before going for it. Funny what some of us will do to stay on big V, even they don't seem to give a crap about us! 735 my ***. Why go backwards from a 928. And a big NO WAY on Att or the 950.
In summary, I'd go for it, especially if you can find a new one!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've got no choice but to stay on Verizon in my location. Got my ICON in April 2014 with WM8 on it. Verizon delayed a LONG TIME before releasing WM8.1 to us, but then as soon as Insider Preview started I jumped on that and I've never looked back. If Verizon doesn't allow us to up to WM10 Official, I'll just stay on the last Insider Preview.
Peace. Alan

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I had the Lumia 930, changed to a Moto X 2014 and now a Moto x Play (2015)... The 930 is a way better in a lot of fields, especially in sound ! The mics are awesome on the Lumia. For example, can't record live spectacles of concerts with the Moto X Play... So yes, remembering my 930 make me smile, it was a good phone.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I had the Lumia 930, changed to a Moto X 2014 and now a Moto x Play (2015)... The 930 is a way better in a lot of fields, especially in sound ! The mics are awesome on the Lumia. For example, can't record live spectacles of concerts with the Moto X Play... So yes, remembering my 930 make me smile, it was a good phone.
If you got another 930 would you b able to move the sim from the MotoxPlay to the 930 whenever you wanted to use it?
Peace. Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro