Windows 10 - standby battery drain

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. It appears that windows 10 (release preview builds) mobile has been pretty solid on my Icon. The battery drainage seems to be same as before when I am using the phone. The big difference I've seen is on standby. I can have my phone fully charged and unplugged, go to bed and wake up to my phone already down in the upper 70% on the battery. I've trimmed the fat on what is being used in the background but still haven't gotten much improvement on this issue. Has anyone seen this and fixed this issue on their Icon?

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon release of W10. Last night I had a fully charged phone, this morning it's at 70%. My 928 kicks the Icon's butt in battery life!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon release of W10. Last night I had a fully charged phone, this morning it's at 70%. My 928 kicks the Icon's butt in battery life!
Hi chefster74 . Are you saying you downloaded W10 from VZW on your Icon?
Thanks. Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14388.0]

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I read about Verizon's release on, I believe this forum, that Verizon finally released w10. I don't think it's as up to date as fast ring, but I didn't want to do the ring thing. Yes there are a few bugs like, occasional screen freeze, wifi not wanting to play Pandora in my car and probably a few others like so, so battery. However, I'm hoping the August release will clear up these and other peoples issues. If you look around here I'm sure there's info on what you need to install to do it, although I see you're on redstone! Best of luck to us all!!!!!

Last edited:

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm surprised. It only has a 2000mAh battery. I wonder where all the extra juice is leaking on the Icon. Not to hijack my own posting, but how do you compare the windows 10 experience on the 928 vs Icon?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
If you have gone through the Verizon update from 8.1.....to Win10....it probably reset all the background app permissions and many other settings. I found this after activating one of my Icons for a family member and then updating my spare Icon as well.

Though this did help battery life....there is definitely a problem with battery life when phone is idling. Hope this gets fixed soon.

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Newest updated pushed on the preview ring (14393.5) has much better standby battery drain but I still don't think it is as good as it used to be on 8.1. Last night, I slept with the phone at 100% and woke up to the phone at 88%. That is much better than was on the previous version. I'll take it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss