09-16-2016 07:02 PM
50 12
tools
    Ok, I'm on Release Preview, OS build 10.0.14393.82

This has been the worst build, performance-wise, for me yet. What did we have right before this, TH2? My Icon was so much more....I don't know how to describe it. All my apps seemed to work so much better, notifications were spot on with my Band 2 with TH2.

I do enjoy the new features, but I'm not sure if I enjoy them this much.
    08-21-2016 07:52 AM
    I'm on the same build. I took the Verizon update first, but didn't want to wait for their slow *** so I'm now on the same build you are. It's my first time on an insider build and I went for the slowest ring. So far the worst thing seems to be FB. It's laggy and buggy. But if that's the worst of it and it seems to be, I'll just use my 928 for it. I see FB dis out of Beta, but it still sucks and doesn't fit my screen correctly. Hey Cortana works everytime, which I love and wifi hooks up in seconds. Battery life still could be better, but I can get through a good part of the day and have a juice pack when needed. All in all, I'm all in on this and look forward to each update!
    08-21-2016 11:26 AM
    I really hoped I would see an update today since it's been a week since the non-carrier branded phones got it.

I thought part of the deal with Windows 10 is that Microsoft could push the updates instead of waiting for carriers, but here we are waiting for the official update to come from Verizon again like always? Did I misunderstand that?
    08-23-2016 11:57 AM
    I really hoped I would see an update today since it's been a week since the non-carrier branded phones got it.

I thought part of the deal with Windows 10 is that Microsoft could push the updates instead of waiting for carriers, but here we are waiting for the official update to come from Verizon again like always? Did I misunderstand that?
    Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update rolls out on AT&T and other carrier phones | Windows Central

How about now? Any luck?
    08-23-2016 12:55 PM
    yep, it's there now. I'm on Straight Talk using a Verizon SIM, so I assume that means it's out on Verizon phones.
    08-23-2016 02:59 PM
    On Verizon and got pushed an UPDATE this afternoon in Silicon Valley ... seemed "faster" and now says 14393.67 which is AU right? I am NOT on insider and I am positive "the previous" was the old numbers (xxx586xxx as best recall) as I am on Insider for Windows 10 (non-mobile and lots of updates recently).

My entire "Start screen LOOKs the same" - the setting gear "disappeared" and I had to re-pin it. LOTS of "pending DLs".

Will play more this evening and watch "battery drain, etc." although I have never had that problem on my Icons.
    Last edited by dksf42; 08-23-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    08-23-2016 07:48 PM
    Updated yest, still reviewing new features of 1607. Seems just as fast on Icon, action center gives more useful info. Cortana works better, more responsive when waking. Still evaluating battery life...
    08-24-2016 10:56 AM
    The icon is definately a little faster/snappier. Battery life does not seem to be any better for me at all....with stand-by being my gauge right now as my sim is being used in another phone.

BIG BUMMER......lost the FM radio!!!
    08-26-2016 09:21 AM
    My Icon updated to 14393.67 and I have encountered all the problems that people have written about, Bluetooth problems, Cortana problems, Setting live tile gone, FM Radio gone. It seems like Bluetooth "fixes" itself after the first failed try, Cortana "fixed" it's self after I opened it from the All Apps screen. I also noticed there's more options in Settings, in fact the update seems to have gave permission for some apps that I had limited permission on, something to check out as it can drain the battery, or if you are concerned about security.
    08-27-2016 10:56 AM
    My Icon updated to 14393.67 and I have encountered all the problems that people have written about, Bluetooth problems, Cortana problems, Setting live tile gone, FM Radio gone. It seems like Bluetooth "fixes" itself after the first failed try, Cortana "fixed" it's self after I opened it from the All Apps screen. I also noticed there's more options in Settings, in fact the update seems to have gave permission for some apps that I had limited permission on, something to check out as it can drain the battery, or if you are concerned about security.
    Wow, thanks for pointing that out - ALL Apps are switched to "ALLOW Background" under "Privacy > Background Apps" ... and, as you reported "lots" of new settings to look through.

Is there any "user manual"?
    08-27-2016 09:17 PM
    Is there any "user manual"?
    Yeah, I think we're writing it :0
    08-27-2016 09:56 PM
    Lol ... well, thank you again for finding the "ALL Background Apps are ON by default". Since early June, when I first went on "tech Preview - Official Verizon release", I have NEVER had an "battery drain issues" UNTIL latest 14393.67 and just turned OFF nearly all background apps but most important. I will know overt he next 24 hours if that makes a difference/
    08-28-2016 10:23 AM
    lol.

I assume, like when Win 10 first came out, each month updates and fixes will be released eventually making Win10 mobile pretty stable. Shouldn't be that way, but, that is the way it is.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    08-28-2016 10:57 AM
    lol.

I assume, like when Win 10 first came out, each month updates and fixes will be released eventually making Win10 mobile pretty stable. Shouldn't be that way, but, that is the way it is.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    I don't think we are in that mode as Windows 10 Mobile IS my daily driver and has "performed flawlessly" with now 5 OTA "Push upgrades" since "early June".

Windows 10 Mobile on my several Icons are "VERY stable"! Yes, the "settings menu" is apparently brand new and lots of new stuff to figure out ... but, the Lumia Icon IS my favorite Phone EVER!

Everyone will have an opinion ... but, nearly 100% perfect fro our uses!
    08-28-2016 11:05 AM
    WOW, I think you found a "hornet's nest" under the new "Settings > Privacy"! There are 19 SETTINGS and each one DEFAULTS to ALL APPS! Background is simple to understand but the others are a bit scary as they propose to allow "APPS" to do a lot of things that I sure would like Microsoft to "explain WHY" the default is ON?
    08-28-2016 11:43 AM
    WOW, I think you found a "hornet's nest" under the new "Settings > Privacy"! There are 19 SETTINGS and each one DEFAULTS to ALL APPS! Background is simple to understand but the others are a bit scary as they propose to allow "APPS" to do a lot of things that I sure would like Microsoft to "explain WHY" the default is ON?
    Default is on most likely because they could not have the past settings in last build to default to new installed settings. There are many new ones and the UI change didnt allow for them to know exactly which ones a user wants on. Sort of like when you get a new phone or do a hard reset. Also.... it would be better to have the settings all on......rather than all off.
    08-28-2016 03:06 PM
    Has anyone noticed apps randomly crashing? For me groove and metro tube crash often, locking me out of the app until I restart the phone.
    09-01-2016 11:20 AM
    have you done a hard reset? I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's necessary after every major update. As long as I do that, my Icon has been really stable, with the only defects being the well known ones like the calendar tile not updating.
    09-01-2016 11:39 AM
    have you done a hard reset? I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's necessary after every major update. As long as I do that, my Icon has been really stable, with the only defects being the well known ones like the calendar tile not updating.
    By hard reset do you mean factory reset? I have to do the volume and power button cycle at least once a day due to some app crashing.
    09-01-2016 12:42 PM
    ye, a factory reset. What you're doing is referred to as a "soft reset".

Like you, I was doing soft resets daily or multiple times daily to get my Garmin watch to sync, but since the AU and a hard reset it syncs the first try, every time and I haven't had to do a soft reset in at least a week.
    09-01-2016 12:56 PM
    I just took the plunge into the AU from W8.1. Although I have some app issues (e.g. TD Ameritrade), overall I am VERY impressed with the look and feel of W10M AU. HOWEVER, my biggest issue is battery life. My gosh, I think I lost 50% battery life compared to W8.1, so much that, I think it's about time to either find another phone and/or revert back to W8.1M.

How's everyone else's battery life? (as a note, the batter app shows that MS EDGE, MAIL, START and CORTANA are the biggest culprits). Any help would be appreciated.
    09-01-2016 04:18 PM
    I am on "AU Standard Release" and just today got pushed 10.0.14393.189 direct via the Icon under "Updates". I did notice that today "I saw a post that said Microsoft was pushing 10.0.493.189 to the general public".

The update was quite fast - or maybe I am getting use to it as this is "I believe" my 5th auto update and 3rd count AU - could be 6 total?

This Icon is my daily driver as I can't buy a HP Elite x3 because I am on Verizon = I don't want to "experiment" and it seems that Microsoft intends to keep us Icon owners "fairly current"!!!
    09-15-2016 04:18 PM
    I am on "AU Standard Release" and just today got pushed 10.0.14393.189 direct via the Icon under "Updates". I did notice that today "I saw a post that said Microsoft was pushing 10.0.493.189 to the general public".

The update was quite fast - or maybe I am getting use to it as this is "I believe" my 5th auto update and 3rd count AU - could be 6 total?

This Icon is my daily driver as I can't buy a HP Elite x3 because I am on Verizon = I don't want to "experiment" and it seems that Microsoft intends to keep us Icon owners "fairly current"!!!
    I too got this update and it seemed fairly quick. It did do 2 positive things for me:
    1. "Hey Cortana" is now working!! Just go to All settings-->Exras-->Hey Cortana and train it. Before it always told me to visit settings to turn it on.
    2. My alarm clock is now working properly, I know this didn't affect everyone but it did for me.

Now I just need to see how the battery life is because it was really bad, I could barely make it 10 hours between charges.

*** UPDATE ***
    The battery life seems better when the phone is idle, but under usage seems to drain too quickly. So, I am getting slightly better run time on it, maybe an extra hour a day (totaling 10-12 hours a day which is not long enough). Also, I seem to have run into Bluetooth issue now, for instance my car doesn't show connected and neither band. I try restarting all device, still no luck. It just seems to be completely random now when it connects.
    Last edited by esheafer; 09-19-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    09-16-2016 10:57 AM
    Back to stable on 14393.189. I made the mistake of trying to get back on insider preview 14926. After 14926 was installed, Hey Cortana and Lumia Motion data were listed as not compatible with the Lumia Icon hardware. "Within the Store"
    WDRT back to stock, then OTA to a working 8.1 build with a working store that allows the install of
    Upgrade Advisor. Made sure that Motion Data was enabled and working with Microsoft Health app.
    Made sure Hey Cortana was trained and working. Tested Hey Cortana with Screen on, Screen Off and with a Bose QC35 bluetooth headset.

If you go to Settings/Extras and don't See Lumia Motion Data and Hey Cortana, you might need to Backup and WDRT

wp_ss_20160916_0003.jpg

If you end up in the store when trying to enable Motion Data WDRT back to 8.x and then upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20160731_0001.jpg  
    09-16-2016 12:58 PM
    Going very well on my Icon - but am on slow Insider ring.
    09-16-2016 07:02 PM
50 12