Windows 10 Anniversay Update for Verizon Lumia Icons

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The original thread is 44 pages and 176,000 view OLD = tomorrow is August 2, 2016 and the "beginning of the official rollout"!

What do we know? Should we expect an announcement form either Verizon or Microsoft?

I used Upgrade Advisor on several of our Icons way back in early June and have had 1 or 2 OTA updates pushed since then = as I recall, Gabe Aul said we "would be on the Insider program UNTIL Anniversary release?

My Icon is my "DAILY driver" and it has performed flawlessly !!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The original thread is 44 pages and 176,000 view OLD = tomorrow is August 2, 2016 and the "beginning of the official rollout"!

What do we know? Should we expect an announcement form either Verizon or Microsoft?

I used Upgrade Advisor on several of our Icons way back in early June and have had 1 or 2 OTA updates pushed since then = as I recall, Gabe Aul said we "would be on the Insider program UNTIL Anniversary release?

if you have windows 10 mobile installed, you should be getting this update too as the updates are no longer controlled by carriers. The only control they have is over firmware updates.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
if you have windows 10 mobile installed, you should be getting this update too as the updates are no longer controlled by carriers. The only control they have is over firmware updates.

Thank you, that is fantastic to hear! As of 7 am PST, Windows Update says no new updates but today is August 2nd and only Day 1 for AU.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

The last phone I loved as much as my current ICON was my old Palm Treo. :cry:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.5]

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize that when I upgraded to W10 thru the Insider Prog. that you wouldn't still be on Insider Builds. I re-enrolled the other day on the Release Preview and have been having issues with some apps, namely My Fitness Pal, the Health app isn't wanting to share my activity and Package Tracker has a persistent "1" that will not clear.

build 9030.52

I'm thinking about rolling back. Suggestions before I attempt it?

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I have an update waiting- 10586.545. opinions on whether I should install it or just wait for the AU to come through Verizon? Also, after the AU, will we still get insider updates or is that it?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I updated to .545 last week on my Verizon Icon, but since AU "appears to be on the 16th", I'd wait.

After our laptops went through AU, there was a "blog post" about the Insider program and options.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I'm still confused about my Icon, Verizon, and the Insider program. I'm currently on the Redstone fast ring. So what do I do now? Would I be better off to go with Verizon's release, or stay where I am? If I decide to go with Verizon's release, do I have to downgrade to WP8 first? Seems like that would be a major pain. If I stay as I am on the Insider program, will I still get the Anniversary update, and would it be the same as Verizon's version? If I exit the insider program now, will I still get the Anniversary update? Don't know why it seems so complicated to wrap my head around these options.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Mary Jo says that AU fro Mobile "has started" on August 16th - and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, that our Icons ARE listed - looks like Microsoft and Gabe Aul kept their "promise"!

Microsoft starts rolling out Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update for phones | ZDNet

Only a subset of existing Windows Phone devices are eligible for Windows 10 Mobile. Those include: Lumia Icon, 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, MCJ Madosma Q501 -- plus any newer phones like the Lumia 950 and 950XL which originally shipped with Windows 10 Mobile.

It is 7:30 am, on Wed August 17th, in Silicon Valley and nothing yet ...

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm still confused about my Icon, Verizon, and the Insider program. I'm currently on the Redstone fast ring. So what do I do now? Would I be better off to go with Verizon's release, or stay where I am? If I decide to go with Verizon's release, do I have to downgrade to WP8 first? Seems like that would be a major pain. If I stay as I am on the Insider program, will I still get the Anniversary update, and would it be the same as Verizon's version? If I exit the insider program now, will I still get the Anniversary update? Don't know why it seems so complicated to wrap my head around these options.

If you are on the fast ring you already have the anniversary update. You can either stay on the fast ring and start getting very early builds of the next release codenamed Redstone 2, go to slow ring releases of Redstone 2, or go on the release preview build where you'll get early Anniversary Update cumulative updates until Redstone 2 is about to launch.

Personally, if you're not sure I would recommend you just leave the insider program completely and you'll continue to get cumulative updates as they're officially released.

Either way you need to make a decision ASAP since the first Redstone 2 release just came to the fast ring. You'll be receiving that in the next day or so if you don't get off it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
there are some neat changes to this last update, but not all the apps function as they should. Text notifications to my Band 2 are delayed or not at all. I'm wishing I hadn't upgraded.

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
If you are on the fast ring you already have the anniversary update. You can either stay on the fast ring and start getting very early builds of the next release codenamed Redstone 2, go to slow ring releases of Redstone 2, or go on the release preview build where you'll get early Anniversary Update cumulative updates until Redstone 2 is about to launch.

Personally, if you're not sure I would recommend you just leave the insider program completely and you'll continue to get cumulative updates as they're officially released.

Either way you need to make a decision ASAP since the first Redstone 2 release just came to the fast ring. You'll be receiving that in the next day or so if you don't get off it.

So, exactly how do you get out of the insider program? I bought the phone used and it apparently was already on the insider program since it downloads and installs updates by itself. Is there a way to turn that off? After Verizon rolls out the AU, I'd rather just get standard updates.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If the phone was reset it should be off the program. Updates will still come once a month regardless if you're an insider or not. You can check in system settings, just search 'insider'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo