Windows 10 Anniversay Update for Verizon Lumia Icons

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
If the phone was reset it should be off the program. Updates will still come once a month regardless if you're an insider or not. You can check in system settings, just search 'insider'.

It was reset to 8.1 before he shipped it to me but it updated to WP10 in the verizon store when I activated it. It just recently updated to 10586.545 so that is why I think it is still somehow on the insider ring.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem too. Soft reset on phone and band did the trick.

I have soft reset the phone. Haven't reset my Band. Had been contemplating resetting the Band, as the sleep mode did not work at all the other night. I hate the idea of resetting the Band just for the sleep function, and risk making something else break.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have soft reset the phone. Haven't reset my Band. Had been contemplating resetting the Band, as the sleep mode did not work at all the other night. I hate the idea of resetting the Band just for the sleep function, and risk making something else break.

Sorry, i just meant simply turning the band off and then on again. I didn't do a full reset.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, i just meant simply turning the band off and then on again. I didn't do a full reset.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah I've turned it off and on. I just turned off the sleep tile in the Health app.

The other thing I think it off, is the "calorie burned" tracking. It shows a considerable difference compared to what the FatSecret app says I burned. Example, tonight I lifted weights for 56:00. Band says I burned 82 cal. FatSecret says I burned 488.

bartclan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was able to force the upgrade today by ensuring that my Icon was on the Insider's Preview Ring. Need to play with it some more to see if I like it, but so far, so good.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm on Release Preview, OS build 10.0.14393.82

This has been the worst build, performance-wise, for me yet. What did we have right before this, TH2? My Icon was so much more....I don't know how to describe it. All my apps seemed to work so much better, notifications were spot on with my Band 2 with TH2.

I do enjoy the new features, but I'm not sure if I enjoy them this much.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same build. I took the Verizon update first, but didn't want to wait for their slow *** so I'm now on the same build you are. It's my first time on an insider build and I went for the slowest ring. So far the worst thing seems to be FB. It's laggy and buggy. But if that's the worst of it and it seems to be, I'll just use my 928 for it. I see FB dis out of Beta, but it still sucks and doesn't fit my screen correctly. Hey Cortana works everytime, which I love and wifi hooks up in seconds. Battery life still could be better, but I can get through a good part of the day and have a juice pack when needed. All in all, I'm all in on this and look forward to each update!

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I really hoped I would see an update today since it's been a week since the non-carrier branded phones got it.

I thought part of the deal with Windows 10 is that Microsoft could push the updates instead of waiting for carriers, but here we are waiting for the official update to come from Verizon again like always? Did I misunderstand that?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I really hoped I would see an update today since it's been a week since the non-carrier branded phones got it.

I thought part of the deal with Windows 10 is that Microsoft could push the updates instead of waiting for carriers, but here we are waiting for the official update to come from Verizon again like always? Did I misunderstand that?

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update rolls out on AT&T and other carrier phones | Windows Central

How about now? Any luck?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
On Verizon and got pushed an UPDATE this afternoon in Silicon Valley ... seemed "faster" and now says 14393.67 which is AU right? I am NOT on insider and I am positive "the previous" was the old numbers (xxx586xxx as best recall) as I am on Insider for Windows 10 (non-mobile and lots of updates recently).

My entire "Start screen LOOKs the same" - the setting gear "disappeared" and I had to re-pin it. LOTS of "pending DLs".

Will play more this evening and watch "battery drain, etc." although I have never had that problem on my Icons.

Last edited:

Big Buck 10

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Updated yest, still reviewing new features of 1607. Seems just as fast on Icon, action center gives more useful info. Cortana works better, more responsive when waking. Still evaluating battery life...

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The icon is definately a little faster/snappier. Battery life does not seem to be any better for me at all....with stand-by being my gauge right now as my sim is being used in another phone.

BIG BUMMER......lost the FM radio!!! :angry:

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
My Icon updated to 14393.67 and I have encountered all the problems that people have written about, Bluetooth problems, Cortana problems, Setting live tile gone, FM Radio gone. It seems like Bluetooth "fixes" itself after the first failed try, Cortana "fixed" it's self after I opened it from the All Apps screen. I also noticed there's more options in Settings, in fact the update seems to have gave permission for some apps that I had limited permission on, something to check out as it can drain the battery, or if you are concerned about security.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My Icon updated to 14393.67 and I have encountered all the problems that people have written about, Bluetooth problems, Cortana problems, Setting live tile gone, FM Radio gone. It seems like Bluetooth "fixes" itself after the first failed try, Cortana "fixed" it's self after I opened it from the All Apps screen. I also noticed there's more options in Settings, in fact the update seems to have gave permission for some apps that I had limited permission on, something to check out as it can drain the battery, or if you are concerned about security.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out - ALL Apps are switched to "ALLOW Background" under "Privacy > Background Apps" ... and, as you reported "lots" of new settings to look through.

Is there any "user manual"?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think we're writing it :0

Lol ... well, thank you again for finding the "ALL Background Apps are ON by default". Since early June, when I first went on "tech Preview - Official Verizon release", I have NEVER had an "battery drain issues" UNTIL latest 14393.67 and just turned OFF nearly all background apps but most important. I will know overt he next 24 hours if that makes a difference/

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I think we're writing it :0

lol.

I assume, like when Win 10 first came out, each month updates and fixes will be released eventually making Win10 mobile pretty stable. Shouldn't be that way, but, that is the way it is.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
lol.

I assume, like when Win 10 first came out, each month updates and fixes will be released eventually making Win10 mobile pretty stable. Shouldn't be that way, but, that is the way it is.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

I don't think we are in that mode as Windows 10 Mobile IS my daily driver and has "performed flawlessly" with now 5 OTA "Push upgrades" since "early June".

Windows 10 Mobile on my several Icons are "VERY stable"! Yes, the "settings menu" is apparently brand new and lots of new stuff to figure out ... but, the Lumia Icon IS my favorite Phone EVER!

Everyone will have an opinion ... but, nearly 100% perfect fro our uses!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

WOW, I think you found a "hornet's nest" under the new "Settings > Privacy"! There are 19 SETTINGS and each one DEFAULTS to ALL APPS! Background is simple to understand but the others are a bit scary as they propose to allow "APPS" to do a lot of things that I sure would like Microsoft to "explain WHY" the default is ON?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon