Windows 10 Anniversay Update for Verizon Lumia Icons

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
WOW, I think you found a "hornet's nest" under the new "Settings > Privacy"! There are 19 SETTINGS and each one DEFAULTS to ALL APPS! Background is simple to understand but the others are a bit scary as they propose to allow "APPS" to do a lot of things that I sure would like Microsoft to "explain WHY" the default is ON?

Default is on most likely because they could not have the past settings in last build to default to new installed settings. There are many new ones and the UI change didnt allow for them to know exactly which ones a user wants on. Sort of like when you get a new phone or do a hard reset. Also.... it would be better to have the settings all on......rather than all off.

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
have you done a hard reset? I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's necessary after every major update. As long as I do that, my Icon has been really stable, with the only defects being the well known ones like the calendar tile not updating.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
have you done a hard reset? I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's necessary after every major update. As long as I do that, my Icon has been really stable, with the only defects being the well known ones like the calendar tile not updating.

By hard reset do you mean factory reset? I have to do the volume and power button cycle at least once a day due to some app crashing.

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
ye, a factory reset. What you're doing is referred to as a "soft reset".

Like you, I was doing soft resets daily or multiple times daily to get my Garmin watch to sync, but since the AU and a hard reset it syncs the first try, every time and I haven't had to do a soft reset in at least a week.

johnzot

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I just took the plunge into the AU from W8.1. Although I have some app issues (e.g. TD Ameritrade), overall I am VERY impressed with the look and feel of W10M AU. HOWEVER, my biggest issue is battery life. My gosh, I think I lost 50% battery life compared to W8.1, so much that, I think it's about time to either find another phone and/or revert back to W8.1M.

How's everyone else's battery life? (as a note, the batter app shows that MS EDGE, MAIL, START and CORTANA are the biggest culprits). Any help would be appreciated.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am on "AU Standard Release" and just today got pushed 10.0.14393.189 direct via the Icon under "Updates". I did notice that today "I saw a post that said Microsoft was pushing 10.0.493.189 to the general public".

The update was quite fast - or maybe I am getting use to it as this is "I believe" my 5th auto update and 3rd count AU - could be 6 total?

This Icon is my daily driver as I can't buy a HP Elite x3 because I am on Verizon = I don't want to "experiment" and it seems that Microsoft intends to keep us Icon owners "fairly current"!!!

esheafer

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am on "AU Standard Release" and just today got pushed 10.0.14393.189 direct via the Icon under "Updates". I did notice that today "I saw a post that said Microsoft was pushing 10.0.493.189 to the general public".

The update was quite fast - or maybe I am getting use to it as this is "I believe" my 5th auto update and 3rd count AU - could be 6 total?

This Icon is my daily driver as I can't buy a HP Elite x3 because I am on Verizon = I don't want to "experiment" and it seems that Microsoft intends to keep us Icon owners "fairly current"!!!

I too got this update and it seemed fairly quick. It did do 2 positive things for me:
1. "Hey Cortana" is now working!! Just go to All settings-->Exras-->Hey Cortana and train it. Before it always told me to visit settings to turn it on.
2. My alarm clock is now working properly, I know this didn't affect everyone but it did for me.

Now I just need to see how the battery life is because it was really bad, I could barely make it 10 hours between charges.

*** UPDATE ***
The battery life seems better when the phone is idle, but under usage seems to drain too quickly. So, I am getting slightly better run time on it, maybe an extra hour a day (totaling 10-12 hours a day which is not long enough). Also, I seem to have run into Bluetooth issue now, for instance my car doesn't show connected and neither band. I try restarting all device, still no luck. It just seems to be completely random now when it connects.

Last edited:

Ara Carrano

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Back to stable on 14393.189. I made the mistake of trying to get back on insider preview 14926. After 14926 was installed, Hey Cortana and Lumia Motion data were listed as not compatible with the Lumia Icon hardware. "Within the Store"
WDRT back to stock, then OTA to a working 8.1 build with a working store that allows the install of
Upgrade Advisor. Made sure that Motion Data was enabled and working with Microsoft Health app.
Made sure Hey Cortana was trained and working. Tested Hey Cortana with Screen on, Screen Off and with a Bose QC35 bluetooth headset.

If you go to Settings/Extras and don't See Lumia Motion Data and Hey Cortana, you might need to Backup and WDRT

wp_ss_20160916_0003.jpg

If you end up in the store when trying to enable Motion Data WDRT back to 8.x and then upgrade.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160731_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160731_0001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro