Skype Preview integration and how to turn it off?

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm running W10 on the Preview Release insider ring. Current version is 14393.594.

My question is about Skype Preview. Every time I click a link to call a number - from maps, Edge, Messenger, etc, it pops up a screen asking if I want to use the People app or Skype Preview. When I pick people, I get the screen with the Call Number or Message option. I'd like it to default to that, rather than having to deal with the annoying choice step, since I don't use Skype for regular calls.

I haven't been able to find a way to set a default app for calls anywhere (on the phone or online). Anyone know how to do this, short of uninstalling Skype Preview (it does it even when I'm logged out of Skype).

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Not really! In W10M, you can choose your default messaging app. You can choose default phone apps as well for blocking number and for spam filtering.

hometownnerd

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I am running an insider fast build so it may not work for you, but maybe go to Settings....in the search box type phone calls....see if you can disable skype from there. It seems on mine there is an app list you can disable the ability to make phone calls from.

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs