Traveling to Europe

captbixley

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I am planning a trip to Europe this spring - what are my Verizon's Icon phone options - what are the pros and cons of pay as you go SIM as opposed to paying for Verizon's service over though?
Thanks

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
If you had T-Mobile you would get free 2G data, and SMS in 140 Countries, and .20 a minute calls (except for WiFi calling still being free)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Local SIM cards are often cheaper. They can be a hassle though if you're going to be in more than one country because you'll probably need to get a different SIM card for each country.

hilga007

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Local SIM cards are cheaper usually, yes. How long will you be gone? Verizon has international plans OR the Travel Pass that lets you use your current plan's allotment for $10/day.

I'll be going to Australia for 7 days in May for example and it is easier for me to pay $70 and keep my number than to deal with the hassle of a temporary international number.

Up to you and what you prefer of course

captbixley

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If I use only wifi what will work and what won't - does texting work with wifi? - if I turn off celluar data on my Icon will that insure no data used?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb