Icon - Windows 10 Mobile & Double Tap to Wake

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been searching for an answer to whether or not the Icon can utilize DTTW in Windows 10 mobile. I haven't been able to find the answer. I have one icon that I'm returning due to overheating, and in W10 the DTTW feature was not present in the settings.

Anyone have any insight on this?

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been searching for an answer to whether or not the Icon can utilize DTTW in Windows 10 mobile. I haven't been able to find the answer. I have one icon that I'm returning due to overheating, and in W10 the DTTW feature was not present in the settings.

Anyone have any insight on this?
It didnot support double tap to wake feature

Sent from (iOK)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I can attempt to enable it manually via registry edits and let you know for sure. By default it is not enabled but I don't know if it is capable or not by the phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
From my perspective it is supported but not enabled. It is supported as a feature on the Lumia 930. So why not the 929... I just updated my ICON back to Windows 10 Mobile to check things out.
With version 10.0.10586.107 it includes the system registry keys needed:
HKLM\SYSTEM\Touch\Setting\WakeupGestureSupported and HKLM\SYSTEM\Touch\Setting\FF\EnableWakeupGesture but they are both set to 0. I set them both to 1 and then added the key below:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\NOKIA\Touch\WakeupGesture\
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

However, I am having an issue enabling it. I tried this twice and had no touch at all each time I rebooted the phone. I thought my display is getting ready to go bad. This Lumia ICON I have has taken a beating so it seemed likely. Yet after a hard reset it even hung there with touch at all available, but after about 5 min it came to and I was able to navigate the phone again. I will let you know if I eventually get it to work or not.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have concluded that the ICON and its current Firmware are not compatible with doubletap to wake. If you try to manually set it via registry it causes all touch to cease to function, and you are forced to hard reset. I will aim to see if there is a piece of sw missing or registry setting to help this work, but for now it does not work. It shows up in the settings under Personalization -> Lock Screen and under Extras -> Touch but after setting it and a reboot I lose my phones touch completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium