Nokia X fail?

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey, was just wondering what would happen if the X got rooted and flashed with a rom to replace all of Microsoft's services with Google's. Did they actually take this into consideration? If Nokia X turns into a cheaper way to get into Google's services, what then does this mean for Windows Phone long-term? 😭

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
what then does this mean for Windows Phone long-term? ��

Completely nothing, aswell stock android is REALLY laggy with such amount of ram
I don't see the point why would you even worry about that and why would that affect WP in any way

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
You mean like this? This is a rooted Nokia X running on stock Android (video) | WinBeta. And any roms loaded will be the latest one so lag may not be as much of an issue. So how is that not bad for WP when people buy these instead of a cheap WP device?
People who buys it doesn't know about WP, nor they care. They will buy Nokia X because it has android on it and Nokia name on it

Nokia X is indirect promotion of WP, is it that hard to understand? Elop said it pretty clear

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, was just wondering what would happen if the X got rooted and flashed with a rom to replace all of Microsoft's services with Google's. Did they actually take this into consideration? If Nokia X turns into a cheaper way to get into Google's services, what then does this mean for Windows Phone long-term? ��

It's already been rooted and had the Google Play Store installed on it. Check out this xda article. I wouldn't be surprised a custom ROM will be available before too long. But from what I understand the lack of Google's services and the default Microsoft services are pretty much the only difference between the Nokia X and a regular Android phone. Now that that's changed, there's not really a need for a custom ROM to make it full-fledged Android.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
People who buys it doesn't know about WP, nor they care. They will buy Nokia X because it has android on it and Nokia name on it

Nokia X is indirect promotion of WP, is it that hard to understand? Elop said it pretty clear

So if they don't know about WP nor care how is the x any kind of promotion for WP, indirect or otherwise? Since you understand perhaps you can enlighten me.

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow... I just feel like they are helping to put more Android devices out there when they should be doing more for Windows Phone. We get 8.1 next month but they can do so much more.

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Umm...Why would you buy a Nokia X, root it, load a custom rom on it and risk bricking it, just so that you can remove MS services? Just get any other android phone in the same price range.

The people who know how to root, load roms, and crack the boot loader are not the Nokia X's target audience, so this ain't a problem.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Umm...Why would you buy a Nokia X, root it, load a custom rom on it and risk bricking it, just so that you can remove MS services? Just get any other android phone in the same price range.

The people who know how to root, load roms, and crack the boot loader are not the Nokia X's target audience, so this ain't a problem.

Actually this sounds pretty much like the case. At that point why would I even consider the X if I can get some equally cheap phone with Google Play access out of the box?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I just feel like they are helping to put more Android devices out there when they should be doing more for Windows Phone. We get 8.1 next month but they can do so much more.

Ahh don't let reflexxx hear you. He will be ready to try and debate with you why this is not true(even though that is exactly what it seems like)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually this sounds pretty much like the case. At that point why would I even consider the X if I can get some equally cheap phone with Google Play access out of the box?

Because it has the letters NOKIA on it. I don't understand this either, but these forums have tought me that a lot of people put a lot of faith in a brand name, and will purchase whatever their prefered brand releases, be it a polished turd.

At the same time, WP isn't helping Nokia in their fight against Android devices in growth markets, because WP doesn't have access to many of the apps that people in those regions use.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Bro people who will buy Nokia x range wont bother rooting it as all they care for is that's android apps work on it and phone works fine...people trust nokia brand and want android apps...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
...people trust nokia brand and want android apps...

I agree with this idea. My favorite feature phone ever was a Nokia. At the time I first bought a smartphone I probably might have looked at a Nokia if it had been available on my carrier, regardless of the OS.

xkinn

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey, was just wondering what would happen if the X got rooted and flashed with a rom to replace all of Microsoft's services with Google's. Did they actually take this into consideration? If Nokia X turns into a cheaper way to get into Google's services, what then does this mean for Windows Phone long-term? 😭

Do you even know why they even made that phone?
Because they want to get out from GOOGLE.
And only bunch of root maniac who wants to make this phone laggier!
Stop with this argument and be relaxed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you even know why they even made that phone?
Because they want to get out from GOOGLE.
And only bunch of root maniac who wants to make this phone laggier!
Stop with this argument and be relaxed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

because Google's apps sure cause all the lag...
Rooting is something always nice to have, let them do as they please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234