Is Nokia's forked Android more efficient than Google's Android?

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
One of the main things that keeps me from picking Android over Windows Phone is efficiency. Android is famous for being unstable and for needing more RAM and CPU power to run things, while WP can do it at less cost. However, now that Nokia's forked Android is out, I'm curious. Is it more efficient than the usual Android? It seems to be a very big overhaul of the OS and Nokia might have improved the code.

hoodliedoo

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Reports say that Nokia forked android 4.1 which is several versions behind the current (Kit Kat). There have been a lot of performance improvements in android recently that make it better suited to run on lower end devices. In theory, the Nokia X phones won't benefit from any of that.

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Reports say that Nokia forked android 4.1 which is several versions behind the current (Kit Kat). There have been a lot of performance improvements in android recently that make it better suited to run on lower end devices. In theory, the Nokia X phones won't benefit from any of that.

Doesn't mean they didn't change anything else about it - you're making the assumption that they haven't...and no, I won't make the assumption that they have.

Is there anyone with actual first hand experience with Nokia X to attest to it's performance/efficiency/stability?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2