One of the main things that keeps me from picking Android over Windows Phone is efficiency. Android is famous for being unstable and for needing more RAM and CPU power to run things, while WP can do it at less cost. However, now that Nokia's forked Android is out, I'm curious. Is it more efficient than the usual Android? It seems to be a very big overhaul of the OS and Nokia might have improved the code.
    03-11-2014 02:43 AM
    Nope. Reports say that Nokia forked android 4.1 which is several versions behind the current (Kit Kat). There have been a lot of performance improvements in android recently that make it better suited to run on lower end devices. In theory, the Nokia X phones won't benefit from any of that.
    FinancialP likes this.
    03-11-2014 08:37 AM
    Nope. Reports say that Nokia forked android 4.1 which is several versions behind the current (Kit Kat). There have been a lot of performance improvements in android recently that make it better suited to run on lower end devices. In theory, the Nokia X phones won't benefit from any of that.
    Doesn't mean they didn't change anything else about it - you're making the assumption that they haven't...and no, I won't make the assumption that they have.

Is there anyone with actual first hand experience with Nokia X to attest to it's performance/efficiency/stability?
    03-11-2014 09:00 AM
    you can watch lots of unboxing and review in youtube.. so far u get what you pay..smooth but a bit lag ehen launch apk..
    03-11-2014 06:44 PM