Microsoft 'Build' Keynote Live

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just incase anyone is interested as I believe Nokia are there too.

Probably nothing WP7 related, but just thought I'd share it anyway. :)

It starts in 10 mins. (Silverlight Required)

ispOTSPlayer.SMF2.UI

Getting a coffee ready now. :) Maybe learn some more about Windows 8 :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's looking good. I like that I can switch to a non Metro version of Windows 8, and actually be productive. This will be a winner for sure. *depending on the pricing*

Last edited:

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
As I watch this I'm wondering how much of an influence Windows 8 UI will have on customers where WP7 is concerned? I'm thinking that the familiarity and (hopefully) cross platform functionality will make Windows Phone a more logical choice for consumers. Maybe this will also finally be the release where Zune is the default media player rather than the dated and godawful WMP.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It looks beautiful.

This will do a lot towards helping Windows Phone getting a foothold in the market. Windows 8 can't come soon enough!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
As I watch this I'm wondering how much of an influence Windows 8 UI will have on customers where WP7 is concerned? I'm thinking that the familiarity and (hopefully) cross platform functionality will make Windows Phone a more logical choice for consumers. Maybe this will also finally be the release where Zune is the default media player rather than the dated and godawful WMP.

Win 8 is what got me to start considering WP7. I signed up today for my wpcentral ID.

Anyhow, I probably won't jump to a new phone for a long while, but thought I'd start looking into things now. Major concerns I have with WP7 ATM is wifi tethering (looks like usb tethering works though on WP7?) and future upgrades like WP8 coming to current gen phones?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Win 8 is what got me to start considering WP7. I signed up today for my wpcentral ID.

Anyhow, I probably won't jump to a new phone for a long while, but thought I'd start looking into things now. Major concerns I have with WP7 ATM is wifi tethering (looks like usb tethering works though on WP7?) and future upgrades like WP8 coming to current gen phones?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I'm not sure about the tethering, but can safely say that all updates are free to current gen phones. I presume 'Tango' will be WP8? I don't see why we also would get that update for this gen.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about the tethering, but can safely say that all updates are free to current gen phones. I presume 'Tango' will be WP8? I don't see why we also would get that update for this gen.

MS has confirmed tango is not win8, in fact it is an OS for "low end " devices. "apollo" is going to be win8...

i just might have to pick up another samsung with this thing!!! it looks very sleek! and the titan i thought would be my next phone until i saw the samsung focus s, that thing is pretty

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There's a few conferences at BUILD regarding Windows Phone. BUILD | September 13 - 16, 2011 | Anaheim Convention Center

It looks like they are debranding Silverlight. Now they are just referring to is as XAML+C#.

Also... about the Samsung tablets. Those are only for developer preview. MS stated that those tablets will not launch with Windows 8. They are actually tablets that Samsung is making for Windows 7 slates.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You can download both 32bit and 64bit developer preview ISO's of Windows 8 here later on tonight if you want to give it a whirl.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home/

:)

I'm gonna download it tonight and play with it tomorrow. Still trying to decide what to install it on. There's my laptop, which is ancient and only has like 10 gigs of free space. Or I can put it on my recently built desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro