Verizon starts throttling top 5% data users

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My biggest 2 dollops of data so far have been 16 GB and 40 GB. (I stream tons)

Can you imagine what that would cost ? Yikes!

Having unlimited data is great. I would hate to have to keep checking every so often to see what I have left, like in the old days. :)

I'm very pleased with 3 as they don't do throttling either. They used to on their data plans when you went over a certain limit, but on their unlimited plan they scrapped the throttle.

No stupid fair usage policy, they allow tethering too, what more could you ask for ?

Big hugs to 3 from me. ;)

Last edited:

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Wish we had killer plans like that here, TheWeeBear. I leave the WiFi on my Focus turned on for use when I'm home or on a public access point whenever possible for fear of breaking my 2GB per month limit and incurring painful extra charges (not to mention the wrath of my accountant, er, wife).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Wish we had killer plans like that here, TheWeeBear. I leave the WiFi on my Focus turned on for use when I'm home or on a public access point whenever possible for fear of breaking my 2GB per month limit and incurring painful extra charges (not to mention the wrath of my accountant, er, wife).
Too right JBozz, i'd be the same if i had a limit. Who wouldn't?

The money mobile networks charge you when you go over a data limit is just plain rediculous.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My biggest 2 dollops of data so far have been 16 GB and 40 GB. (I stream tons)

Can you imagine what that would cost ? Yikes!

Having unlimited data is great. I would hate to have to keep checking every so often to see what I have left, like in the old days. :)

I'm very pleased with 3 as they don't do throttling either. They used to on their data plans when you went over a certain limit, but on their unlimited plan they scrapped the throttle.

No stupid fair usage policy, they allow tethering too, what more could you ask for ?

Big hugs to 3 from me. ;)

To use 16GB of data, do you have your phone plugged into power most of the time? I would imagine it would drain your battery pretty fast.

At home, I am always on WiFi off my DSL. Through my wireless carrier, I normally use between 500MB and 750MB of my 2GB per month.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's plugged in most of the time palandri. :)

Surprisingly when out and about listening to streaming Zune or Last FM for a constant 4 hours via my stereo bluetooth headphones, the battery indicator was still at way more than 50% when I returned.

That's not bad me thinks. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720