Did you ever relaps?

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I don't know why this happened but last night I was packing for vacation and I saw the box with my Pre 2 in it...and for some reason....I began to miss it. Spec wise, support wise, funtionality wise, ect, my DVP blows the Pre 2 so far out of the water it would make a Jew eat pork. But it just looked...so......sad.

Anyone else ever have that happen to you?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why this happened but last night I was packing for vacation and I saw the box with my Pre 2 in it...and for some reason....I began to miss it. Spec wise, support wise, funtionality wise, ect, my DVP blows the Pre 2 so far out of the water it would make a Jew eat pork. But it just looked...so......sad.

Anyone else ever have that happen to you?

everyday with my Nexus S......

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
So basically you are sayin your iPhone was like the Denise Richard's in "wild Things" and your WP7 is the sexy librarian chick you met at the supermarket buying fruit by the foot that you brought home to mom.

You crave the Denise Richards and all the little things (well big things) she has to offer but ultimately you stayed with girls next door.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Kinda, playing with my Palm Pre + that I gave to my mom that she returned back to me. i definitely miss webOS and the swipes but not as bad as I'd thought I would. I'll take speed, fluidity and super amoled over it anyday.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes, going through it now. I foolishly sold my Trophy and went back to my Sammy Fascinate with Android. After 3 weeks, I was so lonly and forlorn. I started looking for a Trophy replacement and finally found one on Craigslist. Can't wait until I pick it up today.

Going to sell the Fascinate to keep the temptation away.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I do every second. Except I'm missing my broken Focus and my hate for this Palm Pre grows and grows with every rising of the sun!

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes miss WebOS but not my slow, underpowered Pixi. WebOS is kind of a nice complement to WP7. Hope I can get one of those $100 Touchpads if they ever materialize again.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I sometimes miss WebOS but not my slow, underpowered Pixi. WebOS is kind of a nice complement to WP7. Hope I can get one of those $100 Touchpads if they ever materialize again.

In terms of OS WebOS is gorgious. If things were addressed as they should have (assuming HP didn't run it into the ground) I honestly thing WebOS would have dominated. But in all fairness the hardware was weak. In a world of 4"+ screens WebOS fell short. In a world of App centric operating systems, where user's factor in apps into their decision for a phone, again they WebOS fell short.

Basic functions in WebOS were non existant. For example I could not accept calendar invites from my phone. I would never even think a phone couldn't do that. Further more, copy/pasting was a pain. Only certain text could be copy and pasted. Even if it was an email. Also, speed was an issue. Homebrew aside, most people don't like watching a program load. So why would they design the OS to pull up a card, have it blink a few times, then expand THEN load. The google maps app was horrible. When people asked me for directions, I would whip out the phone and load the app. It took so long that people would say "you know what. I have to go. Thanks anyway."

Design wise WebOS was amazing. The execution and support from developers was jus tnot there.

And to set the record straight, I LOVE my WP7 phone and potentially converted 3 people in my job. One had an Evo and gave it up. The other has a Nexus and is looking at the Titan. The other is looking to get rid of his personal BB, considered an android device, saw my DVP and is now looking at the Titan as well. It's a compelling OS.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I still miss Palm phones. I can't believe HP spend all that money for Palm and dumped them by the side of the road. We can only hope that HP buys Apple next. :D

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I still miss Palm phones. I can't believe HP spend all that money for Palm and dumped them by the side of the road. We can only hope that HP buys Apple next. :D

I never liked HP to begin with. As a computer tech I run into HP's constantly and they always have the most odd problems. Their hardware always seemed...plasticy to me. When I got the Pre 2, I took a gamble. I didn't want to stereotype EVERY aspect of a company ya know. What they did to WebOS put the last nail in the coffin.

When I bought my house I traded my Jeep Wrangler for a Focus... Oh wait we are talking about phones, sorry. :D

I wish I had a wrangler :( If it weren't for the fact I usually cart around 2 65 year olds in my car I would have purchased one. Had to settle on the Cherokee Limited.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i bordering on relapsing. my wife, dad, mom, brother, sister and a lot of my friends have i phones. it would be very convenient to have one also. i used to, so i still have itunes and all my apps saved and waiting for me. cant do anything until feb. so, i gots time.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I never liked HP to begin with. As a computer tech I run into HP's constantly and they always have the most odd problems. Their hardware always seemed...plasticy to me. When I got the Pre 2, I took a gamble. I didn't want to stereotype EVERY aspect of a company ya know. What they did to WebOS put the last nail in the coffin.

I wish I had a wrangler :( If it weren't for the fact I usually cart around 2 65 year olds in my car I would have purchased one. Had to settle on the Cherokee Limited.

Not to get off topic, I tried to get it back two days after I traded it. I realized despite the large payment and fuel bill. I made a huge mistake! it was too late someone bought it. A year and a half later, I still regret it, and miss it. :( Now back to relapse, sometimes I miss my BB's awesome physical keypad.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Not to get off topic, I tried to get it back two days after I traded it. I realized despite the large payment and fuel bill. I made a huge mistake! it was too late someone bought it. A year and a half later, I still regret it, and miss it. :( Now back to relapse, sometimes I miss my BB's awesome physical keypad.

The BB keyboard is sweet however my corporate phone is a BB Tour. The new keyboard isn't like the older curve/World editions were. I hate it. Very "soft" feelings keys in my opinion. There was something reassuring and satisfying about the solid click of a key for me that allowed me to type real fast really accurately. I have the DVP as a personal phone and I would have to say the keyboard functions pretty well. The keys could be raised a touch but perhaps it may take away from the sleekness of the design.

As an update to my relaps: I some how feel terrible at the moment as I sit here and uninstall all the componants I once used to install patches (the SDK, the drives ect.)

I have gotten over ex girl friends faster than I have with WebOS. I need to get out more often. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)