IYO did Marquez get robbed?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I gave the edge to Marquez but I do think the fight was close and it could have been a draw as well, sucks he lost when he shouldn't of have. I guess its cause Manny is the champ, too much of a cash cow especially now that they wanna do the Floyd fight.

Who do you think won?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw Marquez won by a slight margin. But the Mexican narrators I was forced to listen to made me cheer for Pacquiao and even made me glad Marquez lost. Good God, what an awful and biased narration.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
As a big boxing fan, I have to confess that I still haven't seen the fight. Judging from the comments I've seen so far, there could be one positive thing to take away from this fight....

.... and that is: Floyd has been waiting for Manny to loose momentum. Maybe, just maybe, he'll make the decision that this is his time to accept the fight and chance the ultimate legacy.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
As a big boxing fan, I have to confess that I still haven't seen the fight. Judging from the comments I've seen so far, there could be one positive thing to take away from this fight....

.... and that is: Floyd has been waiting for Manny to loose momentum. Maybe, just maybe, he'll make the decision that this is his time to accept the fight and chance the ultimate legacy.

I agree I think floyd will want the fight now and tbh I think he may win as much as I hate to say it, he will be faster and will counter manny all day long, I really hope im wrong though...

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Kinda late to this, but, either

- MP has lost a step
- MP had an off night
- MP had another close fight with a very good fighter whose style matches up really well w/his

I think MP is a bit of a victim of his success. The expectations are so high, it's still a letdown even when he's the more consistent aggressor and lands more punches (if you believe CompuBox).

As for Marquez, it's disappointing that he didn't take the fight to MP in the last couple of rounds when it's on the line. I'm not sure if they really thought they were "far" ahead. They seem too experienced to not recognize a close fight from a big point lead in the late rounds. This dude is the challenger in what really is the fight of his career, and he chooses to finish "not to lose". In this fight, that's not deserving of victory, IMO.

Anyway, I've learned in boxing not to draw conclusions based on common opponents. Sure, Floyd handled Marquez with less trouble than Pacquiao. OTOH, Floyd has a history of difficulty w/southpaws. And there's no southpaw in the game with the speed and firepower of MP. I'm not saying MP would win - Floyd is very capable of taking MP out. I just wouldn't jump to the conclusion so many have after this fight. Of course, if someone believes MP has lost a step, that's another thing. I personally don't buy into that.

Let's hope this happens in 2012. And one of them takes it out of the judges hands (but not the way Victor Ortiz tried to do it!).

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Marquez is a tough matchup for Manny; always has been. It was a great fight and it could have gone either way. I still say that Manny kicks Mayweather's arse.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Manny was the aggressor the whole fight. In a close fight, the aggressor wins because it's the aggressor that is taking all the risk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos