I am thinking seriously about getting office 365. As an attorney II think it would be useful in my practice and the idea of regaining outlook on my device is certainly intriguing. I am wondering how many people among our membership are using Office 365 and what their experiences with it are. Your comments and advice would be appreciated.
    12-13-2011 11:05 AM
    I am thinking seriously about getting office 365. As an attorney II think it would be useful in my practice and the idea of regaining outlook on my device is certainly intriguing. I am wondering how many people among our membership are using Office 365 and what their experiences with it are. Your comments and advice would be appreciated.
    I use Office 365 primarily for Email and SharePoint. I think I pay like $6/month per user. I love SharePoint and use it for all of my storage/documentation needs. Email is Exchange, so I get all of the familiar features such as ActiveSync for phone push notifications, Outlook Web Access for web based e-mail and full Outlook support. I haven't started using the Lync features that are available (though I do use Lync in my day job and it's spectacular).
    12-13-2011 01:16 PM
    I think for the money the P1 edition is a steal at 4 or 6$ per seat and you can have upto 50 seats before you need to consider enterprise.

WP does a damn good job setting up the Sharepoint and Office 365 email on your phone and I get the faintest hint that it should also do the same for Lync (Install the App first before adding the 365 Email account).

Lync is a pretty damn fine product especially for presentations and keeping touch with your back office team assuming you have one, both in the office and on the road. Sharepoint also offers a secure area to store you documents and control them.

Lync works reasonably well on the phone but I get the feeling it is just the start. The interesting thing about Microsoft is they are not trying to provide services that only work on a windows enviroment. They have tried that, they now work to ensure that the functionality is available across the broadest spectrum so Macs and Firefox etc are all included in the Microsoft party and most functionality if supported is offered.

Best of all pretty much all of this is available so long as you have an internet browser and access to the internet anywhere you happen to find yourself.
    12-13-2011 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD