U.S. Safety Board Urges Cellphone Ban for Drivers

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I think it's up to the state but in all honesty what can they do to enforce it? I have Bluetooth on my jeep that allows me to dial and answer with out ever taking off the road. That was a feature they put in because of some law somewhere. So they urge all these people to have have something like that then they turn around and say "no you can't use that"? Law makers are on the pipe if they do.

And in all honesty, how would law enforcement know the difference between me talking on the phone via Bluetooth and me just being a lunatic who talks to himself in the car? They can't touch anything in my car or in my pocket without a warrant so they really can't check my phone log.

I don't see it happening. Besides, looking at a phone is no worse than looking for a radio station or changing a CD or looking for a cigarette. what's next? No smoking or radios in the car?

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I agree that it would be difficult to enforce but I hope it does happen. If a small percentage of abusers stop texting and talking while driving; it would make a big difference.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss