Waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic: Top 5 Exercises I hate!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
When I'm not hanging out here on the WPC, I cheat on David Blake's site by doubling as a fitness editor for a cycling website and the owner of a training place in Northern California. I've also got a blog where I post fitness related articles, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

INTEGRATE Fitness 411: My Top Five Least Effective Exercises

Please post any questions you've got on the blogs, and I will be more than happy to answer them!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff. I'll check it out when I get home.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 device using Board Express

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I miss the gym a little bit. But since I started chasing a garbage truck like a rabid dog for a living, I don't need to be in a gym anymore. :D And nice blog baseball bert.:)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I love working out and I do extremely well at ignoring a lot of annoying things you see at gyms. Unfortunately, you would have to put me down with the loud music/grunting lot. I never really realised I make these weird noises until, when on holiday, my girlfriend pointed it out to me. I just laughed. :D

My overall goals at the gym is to build muscle, improve strength/power, and to... yep - being honest now - look and feel good. The weights also have a role alongside my martial arts training in Kickboxing and Karate. I find the leg press, sit ups/ab machines, and prone hamstring curls all aid towards my goals. Sure, there are other methods that could are just as good, if not better, but that doesn't mean I would advise against these exercises.

:)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
For someone who does martial arts (very cool btw!), single leg work will help you a ton. Plus, it is a lot more applicable to your activities.

Have someone show you the Turkish Get Up, quite possible the absolute best total body strength building exercise.

Do a search for Sicilian get up on YouTube. We filmed it at my place last winter. Pretty awesome.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Great! I'll check those out! Thanks, BB. :)

I get torn between bodybuilding and martial arts. For around 2 years, I tried to combine the two and realised that lots of excess muscle merely slows you down. At the moment, I'm working towards leaning right down to around 82 kg (I'm 5ft 11"). That weight should be right for competition, while keeping explosive power.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I go to the gym all the time, but only because the hot girls around and I can just bust out some cardio and either enjoy the view or get a date.
I do all my real working out at home with my own body weight, or a series of ropes hanging from tree branches (usually jog somewhere first and do these rope exercises in random places, good way to get people to look at you funny and pick up chicks).

I do more then enough to be health. I go far beyond healthy because I like women and they like fit bodies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)